Skip to content

Warrior Robes

bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
I think warriors could have a RP choice of wearing robes instead of armors. Warrior Robes should not provide AC bonuses, but instead have similar features like the mage Adventure's Robe/Knave Robe and the like. Or simply allow all classes to wear them (even Kensai and Monk). This shouldnt be an issue for balancing.
CrevsDaakelminsterPibaroTola_ZagniyDungeonnooblolien

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    It would be the kind of mod I would get, but that's a pretty big rule change, so I wouldn't expect it in the EEs.
    elminsterCrevsDaak
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I'd even like to see armored robes. Lightly armored robes that provide mages with an AC bonus while still allowing them to cast. Obviously it'd be minor AC bonuses, and nothing that surpasses the archmage robes.
    CrevsDaak
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    The problem I see is that any mod in this area would look pretty boring considering that only mages have robe animations and to give robe animations to warriors would require redrawing their sprites.
    ElrandirQuartzlolien
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Change animation while equipped?
    Use EFF file opcode to control race/gender/class.
    Not much different from the shapeshifting implementation.
    CrevsDaak
  • Tola_ZagniyTola_Zagniy Member Posts: 26
    kjeron said:

Change animation while equipped?
    Use EFF file opcode to control race/gender/class.
    Not much different from the shapeshifting implementation.

Already imagined - a warrior puts robe... And throws a ton of muscle mass. XD
    CrevsDaak
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Bards should have the ability to use robes,this annoyed me a little bit in the beginning with my first play trough BGEE.
    ElrandirDreadKhan
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    Do fighter/mages still look like they're in pajamas wearing robes? I would really like to see that fixed personally, same with thiefs and wearing platemail with uai, that really annoyed me and I would have thought EE would have fixed it, even if they just reused old paperdolls it would still be less jarring than nudity