Skip to content

Just installed SCS - Possible Dialog.tlk error?

MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
I have installed SCS on my BG:EE jailbroken iPad and the monks in Candlekeep are gone, which is as intended. However, when the commander of the Watch rewards me for bringing him some bolts, he gives me what seems to be a poisoned dagger or something of that sort.

When I click to see the description, it says: "Invalid 32354"

I am supposed to have installed the new Dialog.tlk file in its own folder. Is this error related to that file? Something else? How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    It's a dagger+0 that gives the same bonuses of a dagger+1, the icon is from IWD.
    Check for the dialog.tlk again, it's an issue with it, I'm sure. Look that it could be searching for it in Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.app/lang/en_US or just in Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.app.
    MacHurto
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2014
    @CrevsDaak‌

I installed the new dialog.tlk inside Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.app/lang/en_US as per the guide in the ipad section (used ifunbox).

Should i put it in the general folder as well?

i did a jailbreak so i could change dialog.tlk after all, so this is a bit dissapointing :-)
    Check if there are other missing strings, or just open the dialog.tlk with a text editor and scroll to the bottom, tell me what it says last, maybe it did not add the strings or something like that.
    edited May 2014
    @CrevsDaak‌

I have this, that seems from BGEE. Maybe SCS has not modified dialog.tlk at all? :-?

"KEY FEATURES
    * New Adventure: The Black Pits
    * New Character: Dorn Il-Khan
    * New Character: Neera the Wild Mage
    * New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir
    * A new collection of player character voice sets
    * Native support for high-resolution widescreen displays
    * Over 400 improvements to the original game
    * Improved multiplayer support with connectivity between all platformsDownload %,
    If those are the last strings; it wasn't modified :/
    If you install it again, it should do it, maybe try putting a copy of the dialog.tlk in the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.app too when installing.
    MacHurto
    @CrevsDaak‌ cool, thanks for the help!!

Will try to install again and see if the file is modified. All the override stuff seems to have been copied so it is just the dialog file. Maybe I put it in the wrong folder.
    @CrevsDaak‌ what if the ending is

"then, ? You have taken my acolytes, taken my shield from harm. Am I not to become a god?No! I deny it! I am Sarevok! I AM LORD OF MURDER!ArghUnghYou might have cleared out Firewine Bridge, but there's more than one ogre mage on the Sword Coast who can see why Jenkal is worth keeping around!A short way down this low, narrow corridor, it is blocked by a sturdy iron door that has been barred from the other side. You will have to find another way around."
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @MacHurto - That's SCS.
    MacHurtoCrevsDaak
    @AstroBryGuy‌ great, thanks! Will try installing that one, then. I must have misunderstood the steps :-)
    CrevsDaak