Skip to content

Who will win the greatest CUP of all times? (NHL)

DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
edited May 2014 in Off-Topic
Who will win the Stanley Cup?
  1. WHO WILL WIN THE GREATEST BATTLE OF ALL TIMES?23 votes
    1. The elves with their awesome finesse representing Chicago Blackhawks.
      13.04%
    2. The dwarfs with their superior toughness representing Los Angeles Kings.
      13.04%
    3. The half-elves with their lightning fast attacks representing Montreal Canadiens.
      21.74%
    4. The haflings with their great tactics representing New York Rangers
      21.74%
    5. I don't care,just show me the votes.
      30.43%
Post edited by Dungeonnoob on
booinyoureyesBlackravenjackjackCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovDemonoid_Limewire

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    You mean the Halfling with their ENDLESS HEART AND GUTS representing the greatest city on earth and the capital of the world?????
    DungeonnoobjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    edited May 2014
    Lightning speed rules.
    booinyoureyesjackjackCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Do it for Marty!
    DungeonnoobbooinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    For all our sakes, I hope it's Canada. They tend to riot in the streets if they lose...
    DungeonnoobJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    What is a Stanley cup...?
    JuliusBorisovbadbromance
    A billion dollars says it's no good for drinking though.
    jackjackDungeonnoobJuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Just for the fact of being Elves :P
    jackjackDungeonnoobJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    A true halfling will get the Stanley Cup in one minute, completely invisible from others!
    Dungeonnoobjackjack
    edited May 2014
    "I think this is a huge game for our approach (and) i guess,our psyche.
    Kind of like slaying the mythical dragon.We´ve been dominated by this team (elves) last couple of years.
    To come in here and get a win in their building (castle) with the type of home record they have,
    i think gives us a boost in confidence."

By dwarf captain Dustin Brown(beard)
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I'm not following the playoffs, but I guess I kind of want the Habs to win, being Canadian and all. But I also kind of want the Rangers to win because ex-Canucks (my home team) coach Alain Vigneault is their coach now, so if they win I would find it deliciously ironic since ol' Al lead the Canucks to the playoffs for several consecutive years without winning. Mike Gillis was an idiot for trading him for the incompetent Tortorella. I'm glad they've both been fired.
    Dungeonnoobjackjackelminster
    jackjack said:
    That looks like drinking becomes... Technically challenging? I don't think that counts.
    I am by now pretty sure we're talking about hokey, as Canada is involved! though I think it might be choreographed ice stage fighting with icicle swords. That seems wrong for summer though (yes @crevsdaak I know it's winter there. I know)
    meagloth said:

jackjack said:
    That looks like drinking becomes... Technically challenging? I don't think that counts.
    I am by now pretty sure we're talking about hokey, as Canada is involved! though I think it might be choreographed ice stage fighting with icicle swords. That seems wrong for summer though (yes @crevsdaak I know it's winter there. I know)
    CrevsDaakjackjackelminsterJuliusBorisov
    Busted. Ah well, I seem to have misplaced my billion dollar, @jackjack‌, so you'll have to settle for a billion likes. Now get commenting.
    DungeonnoobjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • lanlynlanlyn Member Posts: 7
    No love for the dwarfs :/
    elminsterjackjackDungeonnoob
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Having watched the leafs well...fail...year after year I'm pretty happy to see a Canadian team still in it.
    Awong124jackjackDungeonnoob
    edited May 2014
    lanlyn said:

No love for the dwarfs :/

Cant count them out though,they were down by 3 and won 4 games in a row vs San Jose Sharks (dryads).
    I believe someone lost their job there too iirc..
    jackjack
    Well it looks like we have a series out East!
    *grumbles*
    Dungeonnoob
    edited May 2014
    Little update.Standings so far,elves vs dwarfs 1-2
    and haflings vs half-elves 2-1 (Best of 7 games enters thee finale)
    jackjack
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    The greatest battle of all times is a bit too much of a superlative from something called The Stanley Cup that I and probably lots of people in the world have never even heard of and is apparently a national US phenomen. Here we are again: inhabitants of the US thinking their country is the world. Geez.

The greatest battle of all times is a bit too much of a superlative from something called The Stanley Cup that I and probably lots of people in the world have never even heard of and is apparently a national US phenomen. Here we are again: inhabitants of the US thinking their country is the world. Geez.

Awesome. Generalizations are cool.
    Not for nothing, but if you read above your comment, you'll find that there are a fair number of Canadians in this thread.
    DungeonnoobelminsterronaldoNonnahswriter
    edited May 2014

Im not american nor canadien..just a hockeyfan but i agree with you.
    I will tweak the topic a little bit if i can.

Hockey is still the worlds fastest game and the players fight like modern day gladiators.
    They deserve some big letters i think..
    jackjackelminster
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Wait, so this thread isn't about half-orc Golf?! Damn...
    elminsterjackjackDungeonnoob

Wait, so this thread isn't about half-orc Golf?! Damn...

The half-orcs (Predators) didn't make the playoffs this year..i think they fought to much for the leadership among themselves.
    Better luck next year;)
    jackjack
    edited May 2014
    Since the leafs hold the record for the longest time without winning the cup, I think they should be considered rock gnomes (according to the Complete Book of Gnomes and Halflings they can live well over 600 years).
    jackjackDungeonnoob
    edited May 2014
    Marty!!@!,&/!^*%#!
    I've never wanted a Rangers team to win the Cup this badly in my life—keep up the magic!
    Dungeonnoobbooinyoureyes
    edited May 2014
    jackjack said:

Marty!!@!,&/!^*%#!
    I've never wanted a Rangers team to win the Cup this badly in my life—keep up the magic!

Looks like Rangers have won that series,win 3 games against King Henrik is going to be real tough..
    jackjack
    edited May 2014
    jackjack said:

Marty!!@!,&/!^*%#!

Personally I suggest that the rangers snatch defeat from the jaws of victory! :p (even if it is extremely unlikely at this point)
    jackjackDungeonnoob