Skip to content

Do you consider abusing Drizzt's AI to kill him in BG1 "cheating"?

2»

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Not cheating, mostly an exploit. To each their own.
  • StewieVengenceStewieVengence Member Posts: 2
    for drizzt, i think him standing there, not doing anything, is very unfair and i believe it is cheating. i find it an unfair win, and undeserved loot and exp. but, that is just me. i'll stick to spending about 20k gold on arrows of acid, because they just do straight damage. he can resist just about every other arrow, i will buy bullets, i will buff like no tomorrow, and MANY MANY mobs to swarm him with. gnolls, hobgoblins, wolves, kobolds, ANYTHING for him to swing at OTHER than me. even my super-tank at -13 AC would get pumbled by him quickly. actually my method isnt too much different from the AI method, but he can at least beat his way through it eventually. i only found out i killed him as i entered my inventory, and i saw no more arrows were being used.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    thesoloer said:

As in luring him to the edge of the water and then bow shooting him to death from the island while he stands there and twitches.

"Hey, what was that for!"
    *fsst! fsst! TCHK! whp!*
    "That's not nice, stop that this instant!"
    *hkk* "Oh, ow! Now you've done it! I'm going to...oh, you've crossed the water. I'm just going to stare disapprovingly at you until you stop!" *bt* "Ow!" *bt bt* "That really hurt! Stop it, now!" *WHNK!* "Oh...that's going to leave a mark."

Juuuust like the Uruks harassing the Fellowship on the shores of the Anduin. :D
  • ZansoZanso Member Posts: 136
    More easier way to "cheat" kill Drizzt is having 5 of your characters attack Drizzt and use one character to spam dialogue with him aka trying to start dialogue which he doesn't have (Drizzt will keep his focus on this character and won't turn hostile) :D
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    No, but I find it boring and a lack of creativity.
  • ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    Well, it's like this: would the Drizzt we all know stand there and let a bunch of noob adventurers cherry-tap him to death? No? Then it's cheating.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    edited May 2014
    The only cheats in this game, are editors and console commands. Glitches, exloits and abusing, are cheese, not cheat. That said, i killed him with a full party of my own creation, large scale (original game) summons, imported exported endgame items from the multiplayer mission pack save file, and 3 minutes battle.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2014
    Apocrypha said:

Well, it's like this: would the Drizzt we all know stand there and let a bunch of noob adventurers cherry-tap him to death? No? Then it's cheating.

No its just an example of bad AI. If he is reduced to low health he really should just run away (particularly given his boots).

But as others have pointed out very little about Drizzt follows the rules to begin with. His Thac0 for instance is about 5 lower than it should be. His magic resistance is too high (especially when you consider that after 2 weeks on the surface drow begin to lose magic resistance at a rate of 10%/day, at least until they return to the underdark), he gets a secondary effect with each of his attacks that causes an extra 30 damage if you don't save vs death (at a +4 bonus), and he has 30% physical damage resistances.
    Post edited by elminster on