Skip to content

#8115 - Game crashing whilst fighting guards in Skie's Room

thatgirlwhothatgirlwho Member Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
On Entering Entar Silverskins house, in Chapter 7. I have gone upstairs to Skie's Room, I have said that I am there to rescue her from her father (I'm not trying to recruit her). Whilst fighting with the guards that are summoned, I can kill the first guard, then as soon as I kill the second guard, the game freezes and quits.

I'm playing on Mac, if that matters.

I'm not using any mods. I've attached a save game just before entering Entar's home.

I don't know where to find the dump file on the mac so can't attach that, if anyone can direct me to it I'll upload that as well.

It's not a major issue, just finding it a bit annoying.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Summoning @Dee regarding the dump file location. I have tried this on the standard 1.2.0000 for PC and there appears to be no issue. What version are you using? I believe there are two versions now on Mac, a 1.2.0000 from Beamdog and 1.3.???? from the Apple store. @AstroBryGuy, I don't suppose you could confirm this issue?
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited May 2014
    I can confirm it on our internal PC nightly build.

_____
    Reported #8115
  • thatgirlwhothatgirlwho Member Posts: 2
    I am playing the 1.3 version of the game.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Balquo, I don't suppose crash info (call stack, etc.) is required?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Troodon80‌ in Mac, the dunp file is displayed as text in a viewer that asks you if you want to report the issue to Apple and if you want to reopend the application. Next time I have a crash I'll send you a picture :P
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    I'm out of town this weekend. I've got both 1.2 and 1.3 beta loaded. If you need the crash log, I can help once I'm back in town.