Skip to content

BG1:EE SCS question

chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
edited May 2014 in General Modding
Hello all,

I am installing scs for the first time for BG1:EE. However, it keeps saying it is skipping things that it should NOT be skipping!

For example, it says it is skipping smarter sirines and dryads because it only applies to BG1. But I am installing it in the BG1EE directory!

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

Edit: it is like scs thinks I am installing it in the BG2 directory, when I am definitely not doing that.

Comments

• jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    I'm not too sure however I remember when I installed it some things only applied to BG1 Vanilla or Tutu and some things applied to BG:EE, couldn't say for sure if this is the case with Sirens and Dryads though.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    What version of SCS are you installing and which directory are you installing to?
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    I am running version 28 of SCS and installing to my BG1:EE directory.

The parts it is skipping should definitley apply to BG1:EE. Smarter Sirens, for example, gets skipped automatically.
    If SCS is giving an error about those components being for BG1, then it's failing on this check:
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE (GAME_IS ~bgt tutu tutu_totsc bgee~) @16001
    Sounds like you're using a version of WeiDU that doesn't recognize GAME_IS checks for bgee. Is your verison of WeiDU the latest, v236? Another possibility is that something has become corrupted with your game. WeiDU uses a check for the area OH1000.are. If that file is missing, WeiDU won't detect the install as BGEE.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    @AstroBryGuy‌ Thank you! I will look into it.
    @AstroBryGuy‌ I just NOW have had the time to look into this. I am using the correct WeiDU version (23600), but when I do a search for OH1000.are I only find a OH1000.Bif. I have even just finished re-installing the game and I still do not see OH1000.are. Any ideas, anyone?
    edited June 2014
    OH1000.are is contained within OH1000.bif. So that should be fine.

Can you post a copy of the SETUP-STRATEGEMS.DEBUG file?
    edited June 2014
    I am SO confused!!!! here is the log:

"WeiDU v 23600 Log

G:\Games\Baldur's Gate I Enhanced Edition\setup-stratagems.exe --script-style bg2 --no-auto-tp2 --tlkout dialog.tlk --ftlkout dialogf.tlk --language 0 --autolog --no-exit-pause stratagems_external\workspace\auto.tp2
    [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete/CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 287467 bytes
    [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete/CHITIN.KEY] 268 BIFFs, 19992 resources
    [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete/icewind.ini] loaded, 1634 bytes
    Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete\]
    Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete\]
    Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete\CD2]
    Possible HD/CD Path: [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete\CD3]
    [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete/Keymap.ini] loaded, 7605 bytes
    [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete/Language.ini] loaded, 24217 bytes
    [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete/unins000.ini] loaded, 150 bytes
    [G:\Games\Baldur's Gate I Enhanced Edition\setup-stratagems.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
    [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete/dialog.tlk] loaded, 3359250 bytes
    [G:\Games\Icewind Dale Complete/dialog.tlk] 34530 string entries
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [stratagems/tra/english/english.tra] has 987 translation strings

Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o"

I PROMISE you I am telling stratagems-v28.exe to install to my BG:EE directory, NOT my Icewind Dale directory!! Why on earth would it be directing its paths to my Icewind Dale install?
    edited June 2014
    Figured it out. My apologies for not reading the readme more thoroughly. I did not extract the exe to the directory with the chitin.key in it. :)
    JuliusBorisov