Skip to content

BGII - Infinite Hit Points with Familiar

Me and some friends were playing Baldurs Gate II Shadows of Amn on multiplayer (I was hosting). My friend played as a Beastmaster and could summon his familiar, which gives him extra HP. However, whenever we loaded, I got control of his familiar and he could summon a new one, gaining HP from both of them. Even if the familiars were killed he did not lose any HP. This could be done over and over, giving him a permanent boost in HP every time we loaded the game. This completely destroyed the game seeing as he had around 160 HP at level 7, so we had to start over. Just thought I'd give some heads up about this bug and I hope it gets fixed.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Axlo said:

BGII - Infinite Hit Points with Familiar

And multiplayer :D
    Thanks for the finding! I'll see if I can get to replicate it later.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    This is a known issue that is being worked on.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Funny story: way back there was some guy on these forums who was convinced that this was a legitimate perk of the Beastmaster kit. In his mind it was not only fully intended by the devs, but also made complete sense from a lore/roleplaying perspective. I usually try to avoid accusing people of cheating, telling them that they're playing the game wrong, etc., but I came pretty close with that guy.