Skip to content

Custom Character Portraits (HOW?)

HOW!? Seriously how do I get these to work I have looked at several posts and done as they suggested and nothing has worked :(

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Hail and well met, brave warrior @Alistar2013!

What is it that you've done to get your portraits to work? Is it a portrait pack by chance?

- Portraits need to be placed in one's portrait\ directory.

- They must be saved in proper .BMP format.

- They must follow the appropriate naming convention. (nameL.bmp; nameM.bmp; nameS.bmp)

Talk to us and let us know!
  • Alistar2013Alistar2013 Member Posts: 44
    ok so I am using gimp to resize, I am on Windows 8, I bought it from steam if that matters. So I heard I go to the directory in Documents BG:EE etc etc. Now is it "Portraits" for the name of the folder I have to add? To answer your question it is just a single portrait I want to have.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, @Alistar2013‌

Everything you want to know is brilliantly described in the OP of http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7461/here-s-how-to-use-custom-portraits/p1 by @Kilivitz‌ !

Just follow the guide step by step and you'll be fine.
    jackjackKilivitz
    Any and all modified portraits must be placed in the installation directory within a \portraits sub-folder.

My portrait directory via a Beamdog installation on Windows XP -

G:\Documents and Settings\(Personalized_Name)\My Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\portraits
    See! @bengoshi and I are riding the same brain wave!
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • Alistar2013Alistar2013 Member Posts: 44
    Thanks guys it works now and I only needed to have the Large one the rest are not necessary apparently. =D
    JuliusBorisovjackjack