Skip to content

Invalid Object At Thalantyrs Shop - ? An Ioun Stone

I've found an odd object in Thalantyr's inventory - it looks very much like a purple ioun stone, but the description simply says Invalid 32314. I tried buying it, and it does go in the Helm slot, but I can't see any result ... if it does make a difference I can't see it.

The only mods I have installed are Wandcase, and the G3 Tweak Pack.

Does anyone have any ideas what it is?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    That... Is a mod thing. Right?
    jackjack
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    meagloth said:

That... Is a mod thing. Right?

I thought it must be a mod, but neither of the two mods I have loaded add anything like that - all the objects added are containers (bags of holding, scroll cases etc) of one sort or another. That's why I am so puzzled.

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Mod-related bug, I mean.
    jackjack
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Tweak pack adds Ioun stones. So that is probably the cause.
    Erg
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    elminster said:

Tweak pack adds Ioun stones. So that is probably the cause.

Yes, it is a Deep Purple Ioun Stone added by the Tweak pack. The full description is

Deep Purple Ioun Stone

This stone, deep purple in hue, allows the bearer to see into the shadows of darkness.

STATISTICS:

Special ability: 60' infravision
    Weight: 2

elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2014
    Erg said:

Deep Purple Ioun Stone

This stone, deep purple in hue, allows the bearer to see into the shadows of darkness.

STATISTICS:

Special ability: 60' infravision
    Weight: 2

Is this Ioun stone a very clever little joke - referring to the Deep Purple song "Chasing Shadows"?
    The "Exotic items Pack" from G3 tweaks is supposed to add some items from BG2 to BG, but I can't remember ever seeing the Deep Purple stone in BG2.
    elminsterErgjackjackprocco
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    jackjack said:

Oh wow—that has to be the most worthless of the Ioun Stones.

You wanted to say useful, right? Infravision is the most important spell for everyone, right? Right?
    elminsterjackjack
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    jackjack said:

Oh wow—that has to be the most worthless of the Ioun Stones.

Yes, the infravision effect is quite useless, but this ioun stone still provides protection from critical hits and this is nice to have on your squishy mage in BG1.
    elminsterRavenslightjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Right, but as all Ioun stones protect from critical hits, I would still say this one's the worst of the lot.
    elminster