Skip to content

Undead.

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
edited May 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Skeletons shouldn't be able to get intellect drained.

"A skeleton has no Constitution or Intelligence score"

No undead should be able to get poisoned.

"Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects."

I'm sure there are other things as well, those are the two i can remember at the moment.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    There is a ring that most undead have that makes them immune to poisons. If you are poisoning undead then they must be missing that ring so that is one issue.

The aforementioned ring does not protect from feeblemind but that is an issue that has already been reported.

I am not sure if the developers want 'immunity to illithid' added to undead or not. I will ask @Dee what he thinks before reporting that. I can fairly certain, however, that Hexxat won't get this because the only way I know of to make her immune to intelligence drain would also make her immune to any intelligence modifiers whatsoever, including boosts from potions, the machine of Lum, and the int penalty from her own cloak.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2014
    For the record I did bring up the liches getting poisoned issue (which is what I'm assuming you are referring to since as far as I know that is the only undead that still experiences this) as an update to #2118 in the internal tracker.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    elminster said:

For the record I did bring up the liches getting poisoned issue (which is what I'm assuming you are referring to since as far as I know that is the only undead that still experiences this) as an update to #2118 in the internal tracker.

If my memory doesn't fail me (as it does quite a lot nowadays) vampires fall for many status effects that shouldn't be possible for undead as well.
  • iso12000iso12000 Member Posts: 10
    Undead shouldn't be able to get poisoned, ring or not. They don't have a circulatory system so the poison can't travel throughout the body. The cells in their bodies don't work either so if the poison were able to spread throughout the body it would just sit there as opposed to a living organism that would absorb the poison once it enters the bloodstream. There is also also acid but that damages the target by corrosion and it's something else entirely.

Source: Necromancy 101