Skip to content

Adding a Regeneration affect with ee keeper *or* Why won't this work!?!

CorinJoeCorinJoe Member Posts: 6
Hello all,

I think a permanent, small regenerating ability to a fighter bhaalspawn would be an appropriate power to inherit. I've been toying with it in keeper but it never seems to work in game. Could anyone help with instructions to how I can set this up in affects? I was thinking 1 hp per X seconds would work.

Thanks

Comments

• TownopolisTownopolis Member Posts: 2
    I don't know about adding regeneration directly, but anyone with a 20 CON will regenerate 1hp/round, so you could just edit your CHARNAME's CON up to 20. If you want higher regeneration, 21 CON gives 2hp/round, 22 CON gives 3hp/round, etc...
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited May 2014
    Even a small regeneration ability would be too powerful, every time you travel or rest you'll gain full health.

We're talking about 1HP /30 seconds here. 1HP /1 second would be way too powerful and you would be immortal.
  • CorinJoeCorinJoe Member Posts: 6
    Well, this is more about roleplay than playing fair.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    CorinJoe said:

Well, this is more about roleplay than playing fair.

If you're alright with playing a game where you'll never die (BGEE) and grossly overpowered (BG2) then you can do it, but you'll most probably end up bored of that game.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    I guess I'm the only player that uses the rest until healed feature or casting heals while resting or whatever that option does. I've used rings of regeneration and had characters with high constitutions and it's barely noticeable, if at all, in typical gameplay. Granted it is nice for resting and traveling, but my party is normally healthy when I do either, so, again, it's hardly noticeable.
    CrevsDaak
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

I don't know about adding regeneration directly, but anyone with a 20 CON will regenerate 1hp/round, so you could just edit your CHARNAME's CON up to 20. If you want higher regeneration, 21 CON gives 2hp/round, 22 CON gives 3hp/round, etc...

Actually, no.

A CON of 20 regenerates 1 hp/turn.

And further:

CON of 21 regenerates 2 hp/turn.
    CON of 22 regenerates 3 hp/turn.
    CON of 23 regenerates 4 hp/turn.
    CON of 24 regenerates 5 hp/turn.
    CON of 25 regenerates 6 hp/turn.
    elminsterBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    SionIV said:

If you're alright with playing a game where you'll never die (BGEE) and grossly overpowered (BG2) then you can do it, but you'll most probably end up bored of that game.

With enough tactics mods installed regenerating 1 hp/s won't be of much help once your defenses are down..
    Imho playing a mage is a way more OP choice than to add some hp reg. to a fighter class character.

@CorinJoe‌ I' afraid I can't give you any definite help since I don't own BG:EE (yet) but, if I memory serves, there was a similar problem in unpatched/modded classic BG2 where hp regeneration would sometimes act funky and not work if you set it to instant/permanent.

You might try applying the effect as delayed/permanent with a 1 sec duration.

CorinJoe
  • CorinJoeCorinJoe Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Ulb, the delayed/permanent seems to be working consistently