Skip to content

issue with force close

been playing through for a while now. I picked up coran and did his quest then went back to the bandit camp to loot locked chests imoen couldn't open. Now when I'm trying to leave the map, the map loads but when I choose my destination the app force closes. Please help!

Comments

• Arutha_CrydeeArutha_Crydee Member Posts: 68
    In the interest of being thorough I loaded up a few of my other saves to try to see if that helped. It didn't. So not just the bandit camp but anytime I try to travel on the map I get a force close
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    It doesn't make sense that it would suddenly stop working, even on previous saved games. I'll just tag @Dee, he would know more about possible causes than I would.
    Yeah the cause eludes me too. I tried clearing the app cache and that didnt fix it. Reboot no joy either. My next step I guess is to backup my saves and reinstall? Can you backup saves on the android version?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Does it close for all of your saves, then? What about a new game?
    I guess I can try a quick new game to see. I'll try to just breeze through candle keep
    Ok tried new game with one of the canned characters. Goes to play the opening text/intro and force closes
    Black pits works though
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

Yeah the cause eludes me too. I tried clearing the app cache and that didnt fix it. Reboot no joy either. My next step I guess is to backup my saves and reinstall? Can you backup saves on the android version?

The save files are located in "/sdcard/Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save". You can also use the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxleafsoft.BGBU to backup the save files.
    So I went to copy that folder over to another spot on my sdcard but got an error saying it wouldn't copy. Really weird. So I went into the save folder and there was one auto save that wasn't a folder but just a question mark icon. Maybe it was corrupted or something because when I deleted it and loaded up my save everything worked fine. Weird little occurrence
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Arutha_Crydee, strange that such a thing would occur, but it would certainly explain why it was crashing when trying to move between areas—the game should make an auto-save when moving to another area. If it cannot overwrite the original save file, then that is probably the cause of the crash. The next step is to try and determine why such a thing would happen.

I'll just tag @Dee again for attention to this topic.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you can tell us what device you have that may help.
    I have a nexus 5 rrunning AOKP Rom