Skip to content

Force closing, can't play :(

badwolf87badwolf87 Member Posts: 8
edited June 2014 in Android (Archive)
Hi, I bought BG:EE today on my Vodafone 875/Vodafone smart mini but when I select a campaign from the first menu it force closes. I can play up to when you have to rest on the tutorial but as soon as I click rest it force closes. I'd really appreciate some help, I love this game.

I have tried clearing data, rebooting and reinstalling but nothing has worked. @Dee‌
Post edited by badwolf87 on

Comments

• badwolf87badwolf87 Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2014
    Has anyone got any ideas or should I just ask for a refund? This is the first time I have bought a game on the Goole play store and will most likely be the last, I knew something like this would happen.

EDIT: I'm thinking it might have something to do with the videos as it seems to crash when one plays. As I mentioned earlier, it crashes when I try to rest. Is there a video after clicking on one of the campaigns? Because that's also when it crashes.
    Post edited by badwolf87 on
    Anyone??
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    There are indeed videos when you select either Baldur's Gate or the Black Pits, and when you rest.

What is the resolution of your phone screen? Videos are using 1280x720. The problem may be that the phone driver handling video can't handle it properly.

You can disable videos by adding the following line in the Baldur.ini file:
    <TAB>'Program Options',<TAB>'Disable Movies',<TAB>'1',
    means using the Tab key instead of a space (mandatory).
    You can insert the line among those that start with 'Program Options', for example.

The file is in the following folder of the internal memory of your phone: Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files

If you don't have a text editor on your phone or if the virtual keyboard doesn't include a Tab key, you'll need to edit the file on a computer. On Windows, don't use notepad but Wordpad or a more advanced text editor.
    badwolf87
    It worked, thanks so much!
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    The only thing I can think of is that it might be the scrolling text screen. It pops up occasionally when the party sleeps and tells you about a dream. The same thing occurs after character creation. It could be the movies, but it doesn't add up for what is happening just after character creation. The two may be separate issues.

Unfortunately, I see that you edited in the tag for Dee, so he hasn't been notified (it doesn't work when editing. It only works when posting the topic, poll, or comment initially). Retagging @Dee.
    After disabling the videos I can rest and play both campaigns. My fone has a pretty low screen resolution, something like 320x480, maybe its got something to do with that?
    Having a small problem with font sizes now.. I put 'fonts', 'size', '6', and it does increase the font size but only for the npc's name next to his dialogue. Is there a way to increase the font size for the dialogue too?
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    The small font size is a know issue and the devs are currently working on a fix for it.
    JuliusBorisov