Skip to content

Meagloth's custom sound set

meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
Somewhat inspired by @Quartz‌' custom sound set thread, I have created my own custom sound set, mostly with a jester or bard in mind. It quite satirical, and I think some may consider it a bit over the top.
Here is the transcript:

Selection 1:you say something?

Selection 2:hehehe

Selection 3:*yawn* waddup?

Selection 4: ahhh...

Selection 5: what is it you need?

Command 1: but of course!

Command 2:ack! Certainly I'm above this!

Command 3: ugh, reallllyyyyyy.....?

Command 4: whatever

Command 5:look, I'll see what I can do, ok?

Rare selection 1: chuga chuga chuga chuga chooooo! Choooooo!

Rare selection 2:ow! Click on someone else, you slime faced dirtball!

Rare selection 3: get yer hands offa me, you damn dirty ape!

Rare command 3: fear not! It is I! Brave and powerful CHARNAME!!

Rare command 2: hehe...hehehHEHEHHEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!

Rare command 1:with speed and efficiency!

Battlecry 1:aaaeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!

Battlecry 2: [hummed ride of the Valkyries.]

Battlecry 3: YOU WILL SUFFER! YOU WIl-(Ooh, wrong end. That's gonna leave a mark)

Moral failure: apthhh! Err.. Im just Gonna pull a Khalid now.

Hide in shadow: pretty pretty walks the night, pretty pretty fears the light

Pick pocket: hrmmmmm... what has it got in its pocketsess????

Injured 1:ouch! Tommorow, come by me and you shall find a grave man! Ha... Really, nobody?

Injured 2: oof! Dammit, that hurt!

Near death: my gods!!!! This red liquid! It's spewing out of me! Help! Hheeeellllllppppppp!!!

In forest: ahhh... The smell of the trees, the wind in my face.. AHHHH! Spider! spider!

Night: Ahhh... I always preferred the cool of the night.

Bored: BORED! BORED!(bang) BORED!(bang) BORED!(bang)

Tired: is life itself not long enough?! Must we continue this mindless trek without rest?! Whhhyyyyyy!!!??? Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????!??? *clump*

City:ah, how I love the bustle of the city! I wonder what that lady just duped out the window?

Leader: ohhhh.... so this is what the party looks like from the top.

Party death: Ooopsy-daisy

Crit hit: ohhh, feel the burn!

Crit. Miss: all part of my elaborate plan.

Daytime: were.... Are.... My sunglasses?

Trap set: Careful now, we wouldn't want to get all tangled up, would we?

Inventory full: (oops) HEY MAN, WATCH IT! LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!

Spell disrupted: ouch! Ohhhh, bother!

Dungeon: y-ya- you Have someone looking for traps, right?

Target immune: immune? What sorcery is this?!

Dying: uh! not agai- ugh...

I hope this works. Never done a YouTube before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=pIC9mOD-XY4
Now all I need to do is implement them. Hmmm.....
CrevsDaakQuartzJuliusBorisovRavenslightlolien

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Your Smeagol voice is *awesome* dude!!
    Gotta see if someone wants a Quasit voice, it's the only thing I can do well, and it sounds like Brian's mother (from the Life of Brian Monthy Pyton film).
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Your falsetto is phenomenal hahaha
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Awesome! I'm trying to figure out how to 1. Get them into wavs and 2. Implement them. The interwebs has some conflicting data.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited June 2014
    Do I have too many sounds? I can't find a template for more that 3 selections and commands and one battle cry. is that correct?
    Also:does anyone know where I can get the right was format?
    Post edited by meagloth on
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    This is great, but sometimes, it's hard to hear the line as spoken because it sounds "Mushy", like you had something in your mouth when you were speaking. If I could find a microphone that would work with my computer, I'd try to make my own versions of your lines, or make a set of my own. Other than that, I think you did a good job. You just need to enunciate a bit more so that people know what your character is supposed to be saying.
    edited June 2014
    @LadyRhian‌ i know. Im constantly working with that problem, as I have braces, (off soon, though:) so it does sometimes sound that way. Also, I am recording on voice memos with my iPhone, so that doesn't help. I think I may redo a few, but honestly I was surprised they came out as well as they did.
    Post edited by meagloth on
    JuliusBorisov
    @Meagloth Ah, okay. Fair enough. I wasn't thinking braces at all. Hope your voice clears up when they come off. :)
    meagloth
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    So wonderful! @meagloth‌ , you asked yesterday: WHAT IS A PROMOTE AND HOW CAN I GET ONE!!????"

To me, it's some kind of encouragement for doing something important for the community, from a really good post to a brilliant voice-over. Thumbs up!
    Quartzmeagloth
    @Meagloth I saw this on DeviantArt and I think this is your character to a "T" for that voice set-
    image by NomadXN
    NonnahswriterRavenslightmeagloth
    @LadyRhian‌ i actually like that picture a lot. Very cool.
    JuliusBorisov
    @Meagloth Glad you like it. :)
    bengoshi said:

So wonderful! @meagloth‌ , you asked yesterday: WHAT IS A PROMOTE AND HOW CAN I GET ONE!!????"

To me, it's some kind of encouragement for doing something important for the community, from a really good post to a brilliant voice-over. Thumbs up!

While I hardly think my work here merits a promote, given that it took all of two hours and very little skill to complete, I am flattered, and if you shall give, I shall receive:) Thank you.
    JuliusBorisov
    I figured out implementation! Here is the file. Just download this, unzip, and place the files into the sounds filer, and it should work. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find what the moral failure should have been called, so it's not in there and a few of the selections and commands may be backwards, but whatever. It works, for the most part. Its also a bit quiet, but I couldn't figure out how to make it louder in audacity.(no doubt its a massive button staring me straight in the face)
    Moral failure? Moral Failure sounds like he cheated on his girlfriend or something. ;)
    CrevsDaak