Skip to content

playithardcore is down?

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
I hope its a temporary issue like the website says. :(

http://playithardcore.com/
jackjackCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes

Comments

• ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    I just had the same issue. Was going to check the level progression charts. I second your hope.
    elminster
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    I swear I only use it a few times a month! Well..ok..maybe a few times a week. But it's not my fault I swear!
    Stormvessel
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Haha. I use it a lot as well. I've even got it set up as shortcuts in my browser (largely for when I need to help someone figure something out)
    ronaldoBlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Nice, you going to write up an item guide soon? Then i'll be able to scratch gamebanshee from my list :P
    Quartz
    Nah I don't think so. Modding how basically taking any time I have for this kind of thing now.
    JuliusBorisov
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited June 2014
    SionIV said:

I have three different sites i'll be going to for my BG info.

Gamebanshee
    Playithardcore
    Elminsters NPC guide

Same for me, and I also make heavy use of Dudleyville.
    elminsterCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • TakklemaggotTakklemaggot Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Alternatively, for the pages that don't work on web.archive.org, do a Google search for Play It Hardcore Baldur's Gate [Page Name] (replace [Page Name] with the name of the page), click on the downward pointing triangle at the end of the URL (on the line below below the link to the page), and select "Cached" from the drop-down menu.
    BlackravenelminsterjackjackJuliusBorisov
    It's still not up yet?
    elminster said:

I emailed the owner. Apparently it will be up in the next couple of days.

Did you tell him the future of the BGEE forum hangs on his shoulders? *Pokes*
    PibarojackjackJuliusBorisov
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    The domain seems to be squatted and redirects to a spamdexer's tool referring to adult content...
    elminsterjackjackJuliusBorisov
    Still not up :(
    SionIVjackjackCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    @sandmanCCL‌ is good people. The loss of Playithardcore.com bums me out. It was a terrific resource. I hope this gets fixed soon.
    elminsterjackjackcomebackhomeJuliusBorisov
    @sandmanCCL if you are the (former) owner of playithardcore.com I can currently suggest pihwiki.info (not allocated) as the new domain. .info TLD would fit well, because it's information.
    edited June 2014

@sandmanCCL if you are the (former) owner of playithardcore.com I can currently suggest pihwiki.info (not allocated) as the new domain. .info TLD would fit well, because it's information.

soulmata is a founder and the owner of the website. I used dfdf to contact him.
    Post edited by elminster on
    AendaeronBluescalejackjackJuliusBorisov
    I made note of that email address, but I recommend removing it from your post, lest spambotters catch it and flood his mailbox.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hey, @soulmata‌ , nice to meet you!

It hurts so much. I hope everything will be fine!

You've all done an epic work, with that site. It's been a site with the most accurate and useful information about BG. The community has been constantly using it. I, for e.g., nearly every week visited it to find the information I need.

The wiki, on the contrary, was not for me. Too general, too uncertain.

So, your site was far from the disappointment for all of us, gamers and fans of BG. As far as I know, playithardcore has been one of the most loved sites for anyone who plays this game. It's been like, I dare say it, a Bible of BG.

For the sake of Boo we hope it will come back, even more epic than before. Flesh and blood and bone! YOU WILL BE BACK! HAHAHAHAHA! You would scratch and crawl your way back into the world of the Internet, and you will DO IT!
    elminsterBlackraven
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    edited June 2014
    @soulmata PIH was THE most valuable resource for me during my virgin tromp through the BG series.

You've done a wonderful job and I'm glad to see it coming back soon so it can again become my go to page for info.

Thanks for the time and money you and any others have spent on this site.
    Post edited by Qbert on
    jackjackelminster
    soulmata said:

I've brought the server itself back up, which is just the wiki and the main page. Since so much of the old site had spam links, bot accounts (literally like 250,000 bot accounts) and a bunch of other spam, it's probably best just to re-create the site from scratch. I do have all the old data, but I will need to setup a separate VM with an older version of the wiki software to extract it from, then work on importing it.

Anyone/everyone is welcome to join me in rebuilding. I've also hardened the wiki to make it much more difficult for it to get spammed, and it's now 100% under my control - so it should never suffer an outage like this again.

I'm certainly willing to help to a certain degree. I did previously write up 4/6 entries on the enhanced edition kits (specifically I believe sun soul monks, dark moon monks, dragon disciples, and shadowdancers) for the old website.
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Woohoo!
    jackjack