Skip to content

Favourite image of Imoen?

13»

Comments

• AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    zur312 said:
    Thats a very haunting picture of Imoen. I think it's perfect for a BG2 picture of Imoen. All the scars on her face from the torture of Mr. Jon.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    I don't think Imoen was physically tortured by Joneleth. She was forced to watch Khalid being mutilated to bring out her anger/taint.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited October 2013
    @TethorilofLathander For some reason I have always been convinced Mr. Jon abused Imoen in several different ways, in other ways than most of the other victims of his (including CHARNAME), because she was female as well as a bhaalspawn (and Irenicus had some issues). I think I've read it of out something (or several things) Imoen has said.

Although, I realise the "female-argument" of mine doesn't really count since there's nothing saying CHARNAME can't be female as well.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    arvanah said:

@KidCarnival, I always thought Imoen was the same age as the protagonist, just acted younger.

She's a tiny bit younger, apparently, as she points out that she's "not much younger than you" if you call her 'little one' in the prologue.

I always hated that the first interaction they give CHARNAME with her has you addressing her as 'child'. It created a big disconnect for me right at the start from the close friendship you're supposed to have with her. 'My friend' would have done just fine.
    I found that weird, too. It's probably a reason why I can't see Imoen as anything but a sister - even before BG2 confirmed that. My very first impression was that she's charname's sister (also a foster child of Gorion), then the dialogue "go back before Winthrop notices you're gone" suggested (to me) that she's his daughter or foster child. Don't ask me why, but it made immediate sense to me: The female NPC seems rather unsuited as foster parent (Phlydia is scatterbrained and apparently has no job or home), so Gorion brought 2 children to Candlekeep, kept one to raise and gave the other, Imoen, to the most competent foster parent, Winthrop. Bcecause Gorion is an old man and can't handle 2 kids rampaging through his library.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    The more I think about it, this may be my favorite pic of Imoen here:

Notice that it slenderizes her face and removes the wrinkles from around her mouth to give her a "younger" look, but still keeps her distinctive high cheekbones.

• kittenykitteny Member Posts: 16
    I realize I am maybe the minority here, but I love the Baldur's Gate 1 Portrait of Imoen. Along with Jaheira's BG1 Portrait those two are really up there as my favourites in the entirety of the BG saga.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    kitteny said:

I realize I am maybe the minority here, but I love the Baldur's Gate 1 Portrait of Imoen. Along with Jaheira's BG1 Portrait those two are really up there as my favourites in the entirety of the BG saga.

While I'm not 100% sold on Imoen's first portrait, I have to agree about Jaheira's. In SoA she looks like a heroin addicted cosplayer.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    BG1 Jaheira looks formidible. She could most definitely kick an arse or two. She looks a bit spaced out in BG2, as @TethorilofLathander says.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @bengoshi, the one by cg-zander is amazing, thanks for posting it. This thread is also missing these

imageimageimage

Unfortunately, I have no idea who the author is.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    No need to duck jackjack. I thought the bg2 Imoen pic was just right. But i must confess i also like Awong124's pic.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    If I could have all my characters with those huge Beanie Baby eyes like @bengoshi's first picture, I would totally pick that. Valygar! Keldorn! Korgan! Everyone with huge eyes (those aren't even anime eyes, those are those eyes of those newish Beanie Baby dolls that take up half their faces). It would be glorious.

More seriously, I like the dead picture. I like the 'not in my party picture' even better. Well, maybe that's not serious. Hm.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

No need to duck jackjack. I thought the bg2 Imoen pic was just right. But i must confess i also like Awong124's pic.

I ducked because I like when it gets grayed out.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Here's my favorite:

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    bengoshi said:

And of course, this thread has lacked this picture of Imoen (maybe somebody has not seen it):

by cg-zander from deviantart.com

Maybe one of the most "natural" pictures of Imoen it is.
    That is a very nice portrait, my new favorite.