Skip to content

Any Real Difference What Room Type You Pick at the Inn?

Hey,

Just curious if anybody has noticed whether the room type you pick makes any real difference. In theory, the more expensive the room, the more efficient your rest is supposed to be (I think, anyway). It's not like I've done any extensive testing but what type of room you pick doesn't seem to matter. Of course, once you start making money the rooms are so cheap it becomes a non-factor but I still wonder anyway. Anybody?

Comments

• TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    I'm pretty sure back in original BG1/Tutu, I got more HP's from resting in a more expensive room. But I haven't tested it with Bgee.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    The more expensive the room, the more HP you heal after 8 hours. But not a huge significant difference.
  • Carl_LCarl_L Member Posts: 41
    Yeah... that's probably it. I always seem to pick "Nobility"" option even though I could afford the "Royal" rooms a thousand time over. Guess I'm a "Man of the People" lol...
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    The more expensive the room, the more expensive the coin you spend to rent it... Also, the more hitpoints you get from resting, but NOT if you have checked the "Rest until fully healed" option! In 1 original, it was a great idea/implementation, and a good way to force you towards spending coin regularly!
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited June 2014
    I've got a very delicate constitution. If the pillows aren't down and the sheets aren't satin, I would rather sleep on the ground with a root in my back. So I ONLY sleep in the most opulent accommodations.

Besides, that keeps away the hoi paloy.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I go for either Merchant or Nobility, depending on my mood and what's available.
    I will spring for Royal after a major achievement, and always after the foreboding Cloakwood Forest.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    I think it might make more difference if you don't have a healer in your party? At least in theory it would.

Its one of those things that always seems like a bigger deal in PNP. The party is always more likely to rest just a single night then get back on the road, so knowing what quality rest you can get can become a big part of the resource management equation.

I pretty much always get the best room available. I figure we (the adventuring party) spend most of our lives on the road, in bedrolls under the stars. So when an inn is available, I intend to enjoy to the fullest. I have occasionally role played more frugal characters. But rarely.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Bhaalspawn's last words:

“Either this wallpaper goes or I do.”
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Twani said:

I always make my party stay in the cheapest room. Hm. Probably should stop doing that.

Its not so bad after you build up 'bed-bug callouses'. Well, rats can still chew through 'em, but those rat scars...

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Let's put it this way:

You really think Aerie is gonna put out if you are all bunched up sleeping in the stables?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    If I'm feeling cheap, I'll just make camp right outside of town. Probably more comfortable than the peasant "room".
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689

Let's put it this way:

You really think Aerie is gonna put out if you are all bunched up sleeping in the stables?

I don't want her to put out, when she does that i end up losing my C/M...
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I find it is actually the loo paper available that makes all the difference.

The Copper Coronet has a sponge on a stick for peasants!

Now don't take the wrong end of the stick... but... *eww!* Errm... I'm not sharing a sponge with anyone! My botty deserves royalty!