Skip to content

Who will win the Rings of Power? (NBA)

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
edited May 2014 in Off-Topic
Inspired by the thread made by @dungeonnoob about the NHL.

I personally love the NBA (Soccer is my wife, but basketball is my mistress). Wondering how many fellow BGers share my love.

Personally I don't like the Heat for obvious reasons. Wouldn't really mind anyone else. One of my dearest friends is a Pacers fan (the only one in our area of the USA) so he might be UNBEARABLE to listen to if they win, but I would still kinda be happy for him. I like both teams in the West. Durant is a very likeable superstar, and the Thunder have three UConn players, so I'd like to see them break through. Gotta love the Spurs and Gregg Popovich is such a boss.
Plus Tim Duncan plays Dungeons & Dragons, so mad props
  1. Who will win the Rings of Power? (NBA)13 votes
    1. The industrious hard-working dwarves of Indiana will soak up pressure, tanking their way to a title.
        0.00%
    2. Dark Lord LeBron, the evil sorcerer Wade and their dinosaur familiar Bosh will overrun the opposition and drown the land in a sea of scum and villainy.
      23.08%
    3. Sir Kevin will light the way, with help from his overeager squire, the Earl of Westbrook. They will need the help of the Serge the Friendly Giant and the UConn Three.
        7.69%
    4. The veteran Ancient Elves of San Antonio will use centuries of experience to outsmart and outlast their opponents. The wizard Duncan and his wise mentor Popovich will lead them to victory.
      38.46%
    5. Just show me the results
      30.77%
DungeonnoobJuliusBorisovCrevsDaakjackjackSpaceInvader

Comments

• DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    The Ancient Elves get my vote,i like elves.
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaakjackjack
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I saw the word sorcerer!!
    booinyoureyesjackjack
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I haven't followed the NBA since my beloved Seattle lost their Sea-Elf Sonics... ;_;
    booinyoureyesjackjack
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

I haven't followed the NBA since my beloved Seattle lost their Sea-Elf Sonics... ;_;

@Nonnahswriter‌ so you don't support OKC?

How may I say this in the nicest way possible?

No. Not particularly. >_>;;

Never been there though, so I can't really attest to how wonderful/awful/meh a place it really is.
    booinyoureyes
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's hard to admit it but for me as a non USA citizen the NBA is out of interest. I'm sorry for that but it's the truth.
    booinyoureyes
    Some entertaining stuff going on in the NBA. OKC got right back in it as soon as my boy Ibaka came back (one of my favorite players) and now the Pacers have at least a tiny miniscule shot. Should be interesting.

Never been there though, so I can't really attest to how wonderful/awful/meh a place it really is.
    @Nonnahswriter‌ I'm actually interested in this question since you live in the region

Do former Sonics fans still root for them despite them moving, or do they all now support new teams? I know the Hartford Whalers moved to Carolina and some fans still support them in Connecticut.
    Nonnahswriter
    edited May 2014
    May thee Ancient Titans fly sky high and may their enemies throw bricks tonight:)
    booinyoureyesjackjack
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    The One Ring rules over all.
    booinyoureyesjackjackCrevsDaak

@Nonnahswriter‌ I'm actually interested in this question since you live in the region

Do former Sonics fans still root for them despite them moving, or do they all now support new teams? I know the Hartford Whalers moved to Carolina and some fans still support them in Connecticut.
    It kinda depends on the person. My mom, for instance, doesn't follow the team, but she follows all the old players who were a part of the Sonics (before they ripped the team apart so they'd suck =_= ).

I think we've mostly gotten over the loss, however. Especially after our super-awesome Seahawks won the Superbowl in a near shut-out. :D And we also got a new soccer team, the Sounders, and they've been doing all right.
    booinyoureyesronaldo
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    And I'm a Laker fan for life.
    booinyoureyes
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Went with OKC out of loyalty, but if I'm being completely honest I'd have to go with the Heat. Again.
    booinyoureyes
    Go Spurs! Duncan had a beastly game. Timeless
    jackjack
    Who won last night?
    booinyoureyes
    It was disgusting. Heat by 2 after Dwayne Wade faked getting hit in the face to "earn" two free-throws
    Dungeonnoobjackjack
    Taking both games in Miami. Nice!
    Now close it out at home. I've got 50 internets riding on this series!
    booinyoureyes
    JUSTICE HAS PREVAILED

BUTT-KICKING FOR GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jackjack
    Woooo! I won 50 internets!
    booinyoureyes
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Would've picked the Spurs once the finals started, problem was the Spurs and OKC still had to beat each other while the Heat was a given to get to the finals imo. Oh well, I lost internets, still relatively happy with the result.
    jackjackbooinyoureyes
    Woohoo!We won.
    jackjack