Skip to content

dang traps!!

so im finally getting around to doing the firewine ruins. wow what a pain!!

I have imoen with 100 detect traps detecting...she misses like 8 out of ten of them. and when she does find one i cant for the live of me find the right place to click to disarm. any guidance guys?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    When detecting traps you have to move slowly. Traps are not detected instantly when they come within the detecting range. About every 10 seconds she will notice any traps within about 10 feet of her. To detect traps you need to turn on detect mode and wait 10 seconds then move a few steps wait 10 seconds and repeat. To disarm traps you need to click the 'thieving' button and then click on the detected trap which should appear in red and turn green when your cursor is over it.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2014
    @Arutha_Crydee‌ - Many feel your pain with Firewine. The pathfinding in the game is terrible in the narrow passageways. Micro-managing is required in there. :-)
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
  • Arutha_CrydeeArutha_Crydee Member Posts: 68
    well i did all i could do in there anyhow. im just roaming around currently. I am at the cloakwood mine quest so i could go do that but im looking for stuff I might have missed. I keep hearing people mention tomes and other cool stuff that I havent found. and I feel like im coming to the end of the story sometime soon so I am just kinda fartin around down south
  • Arutha_CrydeeArutha_Crydee Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2014
    for the life of me i cant figure out how to get on the east side of the firewine bridge haha

NVM just found it lmao
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    FYI clerics and druids have a 2nd level spell called "Find Traps". You may find it to be more reliable than Imoen (and you can still use Imoen to remove the traps it detects).