Skip to content

Neera

Hey just wondering what you all think about Neera? I beat BG:EE with her in my party and she did quite well. Does she have any major changes in BGII:EE? I am using a Evil/Neutral party. Sorry if this was already asked I didn't see it!

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    She becomes far more palatable. Her voice acting improves drastically, and her quest and personality are far more filled out. I don't know if you even have the option to romance her, but I'm warning you: she's a teenage girl. Be careful. If you are evil you will probably break it(though I haven't players much of it, she see seems like a touchy girl)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    edited June 2014
    According to @Thrasymachus‌ , Neera in BG2 is a solid NPC. You will enjoy the romance and appreciate the absence of any 'therapy sessions' in it. Her final talk in SoA will be surprisingly touching.

@GamingFreak‌ was having a field day with Neera's magic.

@kaffekoppen‌ really liked Neera's quest in BG2.

And if you participate in this poll (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26959/favorite-of-the-new-characters) you'll see Neera has won with 39%. She has won in another poll as well (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24785/best-enhanced-edition-npc/p1)

From my point of view, she's a really good character, especially in BG2, you'll like her. And her quests I've found quite entertaining. The major change is that in the second game Neera will have more dialogs, quests and her personality will be disclosed much more.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Seems to be a pretty good character if you can ignore the whole teenage part. Shame you can't use her in a no-reload game though.
  • NaturalBornKielerNaturalBornKieler Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 407
    Neera is nice and entertaining. Yes she can be romanced. Having her in an evil party might prove difficult and there will be arguments between her and evil party members. Edwin and Neera will be outright hostile against each other and I think you cannot have them both for long, since Edwin is a red wizard and the red wizards are all enemies of Neera.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    Neera was the highlight of the EE for me

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    meagloth said:

@NaturalBornKieler‌ you can't have them at all. As soon as you get one, the other leaves.

SionIV said:

Shame you can't use her in a no-reload game though.

Are you kidding, @SionIV‌? She's great in no realod!
    She makes it interesting again!
    How fast of a runner is that Barbarian of yours? ;)
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @SnowBlind: Neera is good in BG2EE. Her voice acting is fine, her romance theme is excellent, her quest is mostly great fun (only the part where you have to collect a number of creatures is annoying, because there's no depth to it whatsoever, you just have to be an errand boy to fairly uncontrollable creatures).

Her wild magic can lead to completely unexpected things ranging from the extremely beneficial to the downright lethal. How about this: instead of casting a stoneskin on herself, she casts one on everyone in your party. Couldn't asked for a better one. But the lethal wild surges are just that.

The only real downside is that she's a teenager, like others have already pointed out. But then, none of the romanceable females are that interesting, as romances.
  • dstoltzfusdstoltzfus Member Posts: 280
    I haven't gotten around to BGII: EE, but I really could not stand her in BGI: EE. Being a wild mage doesn't help. Really, she's the NPC that I have a tough time keeping in my party personality-wise. More than Quayle. Maybe the change in 2 is similar to Quayle's personality-wise?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

I haven't gotten around to BGII: EE, but I really could not stand her in BGI: EE. Being a wild mage doesn't help. Really, she's the NPC that I have a tough time keeping in my party personality-wise. More than Quayle. Maybe the change in 2 is similar to Quayle's personality-wise?

@dstoltzfus‌ shes MUCH better. She was one of the worst-voices characters in bg1, and she's actually very good in bg2. She also didn't have a great quest in bg1, and her romance was about 3 dialogs long, and ended with her getting pissed at you. All the characters are better in bg2, as is expected.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 885
    I thought that Neera was a fun character to have in BG2EE. Her personal quests are interesting, and yield some unique (though not unbalancing) items. Her romance is a nice change from the classic BG2 ones (no 'therapy sessions', and a surprising twist with Bodhi).

My main complaint with the Neera material (in both BG1EE and BG2EE) is that wild mages are treated as sorcerers (casters with an 'innate' talent for a certain kind of magic), which is not how they're described in the manuals.

But overall, I'd recommend including Neera in a party, at least once.
  • kitasemuatanahkitasemuatanah Member Posts: 12
    Went with her all the way in my first run of BG2EE. My opinion, apart from her quests, nothing else are worth shouting about. And after romancing her at the same time in that run, now I've decided not to romance any npcs again in this game. Mendokusai as my friend Yoshimo would say. But, to each its own.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

Went with her all the way

Hurr hurr hurr