Skip to content

viconia random dialogue in multiplayer

so some may know I've been involved in an MP game with a few other forumites for the past many months. when the viconia RP appeared on the forum, we also got them involved to RP Vic as a part of the crew. well, we've been having problems, either due to the latest version or perhaps even due to MP. viconia gets a random dialogue saying something that she is upset about our current location and wants us to leave immediately. we just tell her fine and continue on, but it is getting weird and broken and sometimes it seemingly crashes some of us out of the game. we have no idea of the cause either, as sometimes we load the same save and it doesn't happen. i was hoping somebody could clarify if they have any kind of experience with vic doing this in single player, or better yet if somebody is playing an MP game with Vic and has it happen there. i get the feeling it is related to MP though, as if I go in alone to make up lost progress as I sometimes have to it never triggers as of yet. any help on the issue would be great.

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    note that i can confirm it is a problem with multiplayer. we just had it happen today and she talked 5 times before I assume control over her and it stopped. anybody know a way we could fix this? too bad the only way to recreate it is to have an MP party with Vic controller by another player than host and wait for it's random occurance. it is more likely to happen on a load
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Could you please upload a save? They should be in documents/baldur's gate 2 ee/save. Zip/rar the whole 00000000###- savedgamename and use the attach a file function under the comment box.
    thx @crevsdaak. i imagine you would be able to find the problem :)

it will be hard to replicate to check though. she needs somebody other than host controlling, and it happens randomly. today we were just having a scene in the copper coronet with it paused and after it all we unpaused and she went crazy and I stopped it after five times! (she likely would have continued without my intervention) romance is off so that is not the case for sure. also the dialogue no longer actually shows up, instead producing all sorts of errors instead of the dialogue. i am left hoping you could fix it though because I want to avoid turning her into a PC and removing all her in game dialogue, some of which being very good stuff.

@crevsdaak i've gotta ask with us meeting again tomorrow if anything could be found and done about the problem? i am not sure from my end what the this could be looking through keeper. perhaps you know the dialogue I was talking about and could remove it and it's triggers?
    edited June 2014
    It seems that the host has two mods installed, since I can find both kulyok's and LiamEsler's modding signatures in the save.
    I think that entering C:SetGlobal("I#VICONIAFRIENDSHIP","GLOBAL",0) in the CLUAConsole (you'll need it active to do this) while being the host should fix this. I can't be sure since it's from a mod.
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    No doubt I'll make a syntax error myself but I believe @CrevsDaak‌ meant the below
    C:SetGlobal("VICONIAFRIENDSHIP","GLOBAL",0)
    @Gate70‌ yours is correct, thanks for the catch, I also missed the signature... it should be C:SetGlobal("I#VICONIAFRIENDSHIP","GLOBAL",0) instead :P
    edited June 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

It seems that the host has two mods installed, since I can find both kulyok's and LiamEsler's modding signatures in the save.
    I think that entering C:SetGlobal("I#VICONIAFRIENDSHIP","GLOBAL",0) in the CLUAConsole (you'll need it active to do this) while being the host should fix this. I can't be sure since it's from a mod.

viconia friendship? anyway, I am host and I don't have any mods installed. could other players' mods perhaps carry over? if so I could ask the others.

edit: so i did as you asked and there was no error or anything. so i saved and checked EEKEEPER and surely enough these things existed this entire time away from everything else that matters for viconia. i then checked one of my last SP game saves that had viconia and they weren't there.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Recommendation is to have the same install across a multiplayer game, this can lead to problems such as you have seen.
    Gate70 said:

Recommendation is to have the same install across a multiplayer game, this can lead to problems such as you have seen.

yeah I seem to remember checking with everyone... but they may have missed it. i actually think it could be vic herself with the mod :)