Skip to content

What's your best stats roll?

Comments

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    When I want to play a pretty good character but not too much overpowered, I use the autoroller for something like 5 mins. It give me time to grab some water or stuff before playing then I can usually start with a 90 roll which is pretty good.

But I have already try to make some very high rolls with it, and even after 1 day of rerolling the highest I got was 102 with Swashbuckler, Sorcerer, Paladin, Archer.

In total the autoroller must have rolled for over 2 weeks I think.

I honestly don't know how you did reach 108 which equals 18 everywhere or even 104 on a Fighter which, as a core class, has the worst stats roll possible. (My max was 99 on a Human Fighter after 10 hours)

Are you using the autoroller from this thread ? http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10937/utility-bg-2-ee-autoroller-v4 or something else ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Stormvessel
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    jackjack said:

I find it that much more satisfying to beat those "godlike" Bhaalspawn with an 81 point CHARNAME.

That's true, but then I figure that seeing as how my character is a Bhaalspawn, he should have godly attributes. This is doubly true when...

Imoen and Sarevok are Bhaalspawns with awesome stats.

...don't want my guy to be the runt of the litter!
    Dexter
    Sergio said:

jackjack said:

I find it that much more satisfying to beat those "godlike" Bhaalspawn with an 81 point CHARNAME.

I understand your concern and I take your point. The truth is that I find it hard to believe that there are bhaalspawn being rolled that have 3 charisma or 3 wisdom just because the game makes you able to do so.
    So I just give my characters good stats.

For Gotural: I used the reroller by Frabjous - but anyway, what I would like to tell you is that in the end it doesn't matter which rolls you get - if you feel like you deserve to have more, just ctrl+8 and get done with it.
    Ah , and by the way, I've still got the image of my 108 stats in skype as the personal image - the shame is that is unreadable - I had published it to taunt my D&D friends. It's good to be bad.
    I'm really sorry if I offended you, I'm very tired and I should go to bed as soon as possible. I was just curious indeed. I didn't know another autoroller existed, I'm pretty sure it must go and roll faster than the one I quoted, because those stats you rolled are really impressive.
    Stormvessel
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    Highest for my main was 89 i could have gone higher if i tried but i was in a rush, fairly high dex but i think Str was at 18/47.
    jackjackelminsterCrevsDaakStormvessel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Gotural
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I don't use auto-rollers, it'd feel too much like cheating for my taste.

Best I've ever rolled has been a couple of 98s.
    jackjack
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    honestly probably an 87 or something?
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    also honestly i don't really get the re-roller thing, if you want to max your stats out, just use shadowkeeper or whatever, it feels like cheating to me. not judging.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Just rolled a 99 for a dragon disciple.

Stats adjusted to:

Str: 12
    Dex: 18
    Con: 18
    Int: 18
    Wis: 15
    Cha: 18

Just waiting for v.1.3 to unleash this fellow...
    meaglothElrandirCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Up to the moment the patch is finally released, his CON may be decreased by 2 points.
    GoturalmeaglothjackjackThrasymachus
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited June 2014

Just rolled a 99 for a dragon disciple.

Stats adjusted to:

Str: 12
    Dex: 18
    Int: 18
    Wis: 15
    Cha: 18

Hmm.... @Thrasymachus‌ I know this isn't the place... But sorcerers don't need intelligence. They have no prime stat, and con above 16 won't provide any more extra hit points. So you could raise wisdom for wish, if you plan on going that far, and strength for thac0 and max weight.
    just a suggestion.
    Post edited by meagloth on
    Goturaljackjack
    For Dragon Disciple, 18 Con can be good to max his regeneration but I agree with you about everything else.
    @booinyoureyes‌ Yes, it can happen :)

Paladin have very high minimum for stats making rolling one easier, I'm sad you didn't get to keep this roll !
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    I'm not entirely sure... I did roll a half-orc fighter with these stats:

Str 19
    Dex 18
    Con 19
    Int 9
    Wis 9
    Cha 11
  • fanscalefanscale Member Posts: 81
    For a Paladin I got 18/00 str 18 dex 16 con 12 int 14 wis 17cha.
    I don't play him because it doesn't seem like a real roll.
    You never get a roll below 9 so I the roll must 4 x 6 drop the lowest.
    @Thrasymachus‌ i feel you. I usually have 16-18 int on a sorcerer, I don't like playing dumb people too. I was just making sure you knew, most people don't. I assumed they had to have int, in the past, since they where spellcasters.
    ThrasymachusJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • JohnSmith921030JohnSmith921030 Member Posts: 10
    We need a function that allows us to get back our previous 2-3 rolls...
    ElrandirStormvesselbooinyoureyes

We need a function that allows us to get back our previous 2-3 rolls...

I think that would be going to far. I don't even know if I like it adding it up at the bottom.

jackjack
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    I just rolled a 97 with 93 STR for a human fighter for BG1. That is the highest I have ever rolled for a fighter since buying the game in 1998. This dude is going to be crazy by the time he makes it to the end of TOB.
    TarotMasterGoturalElrandirCrevsDaak

I just rolled a 97 with 93 STR for a human fighter for BG1. That is the highest I have ever rolled for a fighter since buying the game in 1998. This dude is going to be crazy by the time he makes it to the end of TOB.

Rolling a Human Fighter is very hard, grats on that very high roll !
    CrevsDaak
  • fanscalefanscale Member Posts: 81
    The BG rolls must be higher than average because you are a half-god.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Rolls I've done manually (iPad, Android) usually are low 90s with a target strength bonus score of 51+. I've hit reroll on 90+ rolls way too many times to count...

On the PC I just use the auto roller until I hit my targeted stats. My min is always 10 in my "dump" stat, usually Cha. Mages I always use 15 Wis for Wish come BG2, and sorcs I always roll 17 Con so I can use the Claw.
  • hoffmonster67hoffmonster67 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    Human Paladin:

Strength-18/00
    Dexterity-18
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-11
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-17

sadly it was my first Tutu play through which crashed pretty badly and I lost the installs.
    ElrandirStormvessel
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @hoffmonster67‌ Paladin's minimum Charisma is 17 :)
    jackjackJuliusBorisov