Skip to content

watcher's keep not on map

hello everyone!
I've just started a new run at BGIIEE with a sorcerer. up until now I've only ever played martial and divine characters and never had this issue, so I was pretty surprised when the location didn't appear on my map right of the bat...
does anyone now if: this is normal/I missed a trigger to unlock the location/it's a bug?
possible solutions?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    Yea its been a bug since release but only some people seem to get it. The good news is that it has been fixed so that should hopefully be included with the next patch. The bad news is that as far as I know apart from using the console to get you there (whenever you want to go there) there isn't much you can do about it.

Also I think its only an issue in SoA, not in ToB, so you can always do watchers keep later (but I could be wrong about that).
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    that would be a pain, really. also since I'm on Mac I don't think cluaconsole is an option to me...

@elminster‌ thank you, I guess I'll change plan and hope the keep shows up after Hell :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    As long as its not an Ipad you can use the console. You'll just need to go into the equivalent of the documents/baldur's gate 2 enhanced edition folder, find baldur.ini, and add the line

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

just after the line "INSERT INTO options ROWS"

You then use ctrl + space to activate the console in-game.
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    thank you, but it was the very beginning of that game and so I started a new one with one of my old charnames and then used EEKeeper to copy/paste the sorcerer into the save with Watcher's Keep on the map... ;)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    The trick to avoiding this bug is to import your character into a new game IMMEDIATELY after you launch BG2:EE. If you load another game first and then import your character to a new game then you will probably get the bug.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    I got the bug when I recently reinstalled. To fix it, I created a Throne of Baal character and started the game. Quick saved, quit, then started a new SoA game. Watchers Keep has been there ever since.