Skip to content

What's your best stats roll?

Comments

• ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    pretty sure it was some kind of 16+ on all stats I never managed to hold myself I just sit there rerolling for 3 hours....
    terzaerianAmeerHM
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    Kensai fighter that has 18/99 Str 17 Cons, and 18 dex with the other 3 stats 8-9. Woohoo looks good so far.
    JuliusBorisov
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    edited June 2014
    I just rolled a 94 Cavalier. 18/05 Str, 18 Dex, 18 Con, 10 Int, I don't remember Wis, and 17 Cha.
    booinyoureyes
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Use yer loaf, @abazigal5 - if the total was 94, WIS must have been 13! (And IIRC, 13 is the min WIS for Paladins, so that makes sense.)
    CrevsDaakjackjackElrandirbooinyoureyes
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Highest ever was a 100 on a paladin. Got it on the third reroll click and then I did what I always do, got bored of him in about 11 minutes and deleted him. :)
    JuliusBorisovGoturaljackjackCrevsDaak

Use yer loaf, @abazigal5 - if the total was 94, WIS must have been 13! (And IIRC, 13 is the min WIS for Paladins, so that makes sense.)

Oh, yeah. Wis was 13.
    booinyoureyes
  • OwlzOwlz Member Posts: 2
    I wanted an 18/00 STR Inquistor with high stats as my lead character. It took me three days (I wasn't rolling all day obviously!) to get the 18/00 STR with the high stats I was after. However, during all that rolling I managed to roll 100 twice as my top overall score - although unfortunately neither had 18/00 STR - which would have been insane.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CrevsDaak said:

@hoffmonster67‌ Paladin's minimum Charisma is 17 :)

I always thought that was dumb.
    Elrandirjackjack
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @meagloth‌ I can understand them having, say... a 15? But 17 seems too high.

@Owlz‌ 100 would've been more valuable than any 18/00, what with permanent stat boosts/strength equipment. What was your final roll? 90-something?
    jackjackmeaglothbooinyoureyes
  • OwlzOwlz Member Posts: 2
    @Elrandir. 94. His final stats were 18/00 STR, 18 DEX, 18 CON, 9 INT, 13 WIS, 18 CHA - just looked him up on my saved files. I think I was going to accept 92 or something so I was lucky to have finally rolled the 94 with 18/00 STR. My wife wasn't too pleased though, when I finally rolled it on the third day I shouted out and accidentally scared her, we were driving somewhere in the car and I was rolling on my laptop in the passenger seat :).
    Elrandirjackjack
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I like high rolls, but I never got more than 95.
    I usually pick a roll between 89 and 94.
    Back in 1998, I used to ctrl+8 a lot :)
    jackjackElrandirbooinyoureyes
    Pibaro said:

Back in 1998, I used to ctrl+8 a lot :)

Me to! Then I grew up! Now I sit here for hours and wait for a 100. >.<

• TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    Lol got one yesterday at 97 and even my dad was amazed, sadly the Str stat was at 18/26....
    CaloNord
    I rolled right on past a bloody 99 today. >:/
    I was NOT a happy man.
    ElrandirjackjackDexter
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    This happened over a month ago, but I never mentioned it. I rolled a second 98! This time with a bard.
    CaloNord
    My current Jester got a 95 if I recall which was enough! But the 99 would have been better! I felt a little sick after that, I still manually roll all my characters. :(:(
    jackjack
  • fanscalefanscale Member Posts: 81
    If you notice a Paladin will only get a 17 or 18 in charisma. It is not 3d6 roll. I assume it is an even chance of getting something above the minimum requirement. 1d2 1d4 etc.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I had a dream I skipped over a 100. But then the next roll was a 108, so it was ok. And then I woke up. I think it's was on a human fighter, but you know how dreams slip away.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    fanscale said:

If you notice a Paladin will only get a 17 or 18 in charisma. It is not 3d6 roll. I assume it is an even chance of getting something above the minimum requirement. 1d2 1d4 etc.

Not really. The game actually rolls all your stats and then adjusts for racial modifiers and minimum class requirements.
    CrevsDaakjackjackmeagloth
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    People who think autorollers are legit confuse me. Rolling is part of the experience - your personal grapple with the randomness of the universe. Ctrl-8 then whittling down is more legit.

I calculate stats weird. I consider 10 to be the floor for any stat, and calculate my rolls above above whatever it takes to hit at least 10 in all stats. I got a 34 (i.e. 94 if you really must) on my berserker the other day, which was pretty sweet.
    jackjack
  • VendinceVendince Member Posts: 3
    My most recent and best roll was 97. After adjusting for where I wanted the points to be, it's

Strength 14
    Dexterity 19
    Constitution 17
    Intelligence 12
    Wisdom 17
    Charisma 18.
    That reminds me. Aren't you suppose to roll your stats first and then pick a class?
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    meagloth said:

We need a function that allows us to get back our previous 2-3 rolls...

I think that would be going to far. I don't even know if I like it adding it up at the bottom.

In Torm's name... why in the world would ANYBODY not like that? What kind of a deranged human being would spit in the face of Helm himself by rejecting such a wonderful gift?????????
    Elrandir
    I found a method I like. Roll stats twice, pick the best rolls. I end up with a high total without having to spend 10 minutes re-rolling.
  • Spjuv3rnSpjuv3rn Member Posts: 61
    I just rolled over 9000, Ao you're the first on my hitlist >:3

jackjackFlashburn
    @Spjuv3rn: What the...? How did you get that?
    jackjack
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I rolled 96 for a fighter the other day, and actually got 18/00.
    jackjackElrandirterzaerian
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    The highest roll I ever rolled was a 97 on my Undead Hunter. I got all the way to Mellissian and just couldn't beat her for some reason. I just didn't understand how I couldn't beat her.
    The second highest roll was a 93 on my Blackguard. I have yet to start bg2 with her.
    The third highest roll would be a 91 with a Cleric of Lanthander. She somewhere in the cloakwood mines.
    I"ve noticed it's a lot easier to get better rolls with Bgee then with BG2ee which annoys me to no ends.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    abazigal5 said:

@Spjuv3rn: What the...? How did you get that?

ctrl + 8, lower the stats to the min, ctrl + 8, repeat.

My BG2 sorc just rolled a 97. It's almost like I got all of the BG1 books in just a few minutes of rolling. :)
    JuliusBorisov
    That sounds like an awful lot of effort. . .
    jackjackElrandir