Skip to content

8574: Unable to complete Sir Sarles/Illithium quest if inactive cleric becomes active again

argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
edited June 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
This issue comes up only under very specific conditions. The protagonist has to be a non-neutral human who is dualed to a cleric. While your original class is inactive, you are recognized as a pure cleric. This will trigger the Beholder Cult quest for one of the other temples. However, you still have to do the illithium quest for the Temple of Helm.

If you are following the fake illithium path, the quest can not be completed. After Sir Sarles has left, you are supposed to return to the temple with the illithium alloy and talk to Guardian Telwyn. The conversation requires Oisig to be present however, who isn't because you've done the beholder quest on behalf of another temple. As a result you are unable to initiate a conversation with Telwyn which is required to get your reward and finish the quest.

I've attached a save right before talking to Telwyn just in case.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I can confirm this bug.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @CamDawg‌ this looks similar to bug 7369. Does it need logging or will 7369 be more generic in terms of solution than the specifics of that repro case.
    Thanks
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Should be fixed by 7286. In order to confirm that, though, I'd need a saved game from before entering the temple.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @Dee I've attached two additional saves. One right before triggering the Beholder quest and another save right before entering the Temple of Helm for the first time to trigger the Sarles quest.

Btw, you can complete the illithium quest for the Temple of Lathander even if you've received it from the Temple of Helm. Dawnbringer Sain from the Temple of Lathander will react as if you've received the quest from him. Not sure if this counts as a bug.
    Looks like it's not addressed by either of the two fixes we've made related to dual-classed clerics and the Illithium quest. But it should be relatively simple to remedy. Thanks for the saved games!
    CrevsDaak
    Just as a head's up, the fix for this will require a new game (or at least, it will require you to not have started that quest already).

In the mean-time, if you head over to the Lathander temple, you can speak to Sain to complete the quest. As a good-aligned cleric, that's where you should be anyway. :)
    CrevsDaak
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Gate70 said:

@CamDawg‌ this looks similar to bug 7369. Does it need logging or will 7369 be more generic in terms of solution than the specifics of that repro case.
    Thanks

Yeah, sorry, it took me a while to look at this and hash it out with @Dee. The issue is actually that Telwyn shouldn't be spawning at all in this circumstance. The player should be routed to the Lathander temple and get this quest from Sain and Arval instead.

Gate70CrevsDaak