Skip to content

NPCs that join me are lower then that of my party?

TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
My party atm is lvl 8-9 i recently added Faldorn and she is at lvl 5 oh the dissapointment at not matching my lvl. I had assumed that they would be of equal lvls.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    The levels go up in steps. For BG1 (BG:EE), you typically get two level steps. I think Faldorn is 3 and 5, Ajantis is 2, 4, and 6, and Branwen is 2 and 5. I would actually be quite easy, albeit time consuming, to create a complete level dependent version of each character. The problem would only be in that doing so it would require liberties to be taken regarding which proficiency and memorised spells each character should have.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Troodon80 said:

I would actually be quite easy, albeit time consuming, to create a complete level dependent version of each character. The problem would only be in that doing so it would require liberties to be taken regarding which proficiency and memorised spells each character should have.

One possible solution is to simply set the NPC XP to a higher value. After that, you can just level them up as usual in-game and pick proficiencies, skills, etc.

For example, if you have the CLUA console enabled, select the portrait of the NPC (e.g. Faldorn) and enter the following command:

C:SetCurrentXP(xxxx)
    where xxxx is the desired XP amount, for example

C:SetCurrentXP(137000)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Erg, while that fixes the problem, it is only on a game-by-game basis. As soon as someone starts a new game the player will have to follow the steps again. What I was suggesting was more of a permanent solution, but it does have the drawbacks I mentioned (though I suppose it is no worse than those included in BG2/BG2:EE when encountering a character at a higher level).
    @Troodon80, a more permanent solution could be using a mod that automatically sets the XP value of joining NPCs to match CHARNAME XP. Level 1 NPCs has such component, but unfortunately it is not yet compatible with the Enhanced Edition. Besides, that component from Level 1 NPCs is currently bugged and doesn't work for dual class PCs.
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    I aslo noticed that my other team members stopped gaining xp at 161000 for each of them but Faldorn still lvls up thankfully.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited June 2014
    161000 is the XP cap for BG1:EE. Faldorn is a pure druid, and as shuch she has one of the few classes that can get up to level 10 in BG1:EE; the others are bards and thieves.
    Tresset said:

161000 is the XP cap for BG1:EE. Faldorn is a pure druid, and as shuch she has one of the few classes that can get up to level 10 in BG1:EE; the others are bards and thieves.

So i guss that 13th lvl is not going to come any time soon? lol
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    In the beginning of the game when I get Kivan and/or Ajantis, they usually have more XP than me because I get them as soon as I leave Candlekeep. It all depends on when you recruit NPCs and how much sidequesting you do before you meet them.
    meagloth said:

They should match XP, not level, while staying at level one so you can level them up the way you wish. You also wouldn't have to worry about tables then.

@meagloth, you just described Level 1 NPCs :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Erg said:

meagloth said:

They should match XP, not level, while staying at level one so you can level them up the way you wish. You also wouldn't have to worry about tables then.

@meagloth, you just described Level 1 NPCs :)
    Being strictly iPad, I hardly care about mods, other than wishing.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    However, if her lower level really upsets you, just clua console her to how much experience you think she should have.
    @DJKajuru‌ Ya i could do that, not a big fan of coding though. messed around with Lua in Gmod for a bit did not get anywhere in terms of learning how to make something i wanted.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    How about Shadowkeeper?