Skip to content

[Trigger warning] How to romance Imoen in Imoen Romance Mod

Before I start, I downloaded the blindmonkey Imoen romance mod.
Right now I'm helping Nalia with her quest and trying to get the 20,000 gold.

Apparently, there are 3 dreams that I must trigger in order for the romance to even be possible?
How do I get them to trigger? Keep resting?

How do I approach speech dialogue when speaking with Imoen. Do I blatantly tell her my feelings?
This game isn't as forgiving as Mass Effect.

Thanks for the help.
Post edited by LiamEsler on

Comments

• ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    If it is like the old version (haven't tried the new one yet) then they will come once you have the original dream episodes done. Actually, the game is pretty forgiving.. just avert being a mean-spirited guy and ..play. Let it evolve. Were would be the interesting part when you just follow a (non-existing) guide?
    Just be a nice guy, and try to be considerate, you two are in an extremely difficulty position after all.
    You don't need to worry, there aren't really hidden death-flags for the romance (this is no Visual Novel after all =P)

Ah.. and you might want to ask on the forum of the mod.. not sure how many Immy-romance-fans are here =P
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Um, here's my issue with this, isn't she your sister?
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    @kryptix that is actually a spoiler (that isn't completely accurate =P) , remember there are ppl here that don't know that..

she is a half-sister, and even that is debatable, considering there "common" father. But the mod actually addresses it pretty well.. you two don't know it, you fall in love and then the truth comes out. But the emotions stay, which is a good part of the romance actually.. It's a problematic issue, but I think it is handled well (and I have little doubt that the rewrite has improved the original mod, even if I never played the full 2. version ^^)
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    Did I miss something big here? Is the Imoen Romance 2.0 compatible with EE? Please say yes... still one of the better written romance mods I have played, and Imoen is just adorable anyways.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited June 2014
    I am not big on using this type of mod but I am a little curious about this one specifically.
    Well, even for people absolutely not interested in romancing Imoen, this mod is really good, since it also provides a friendship path and fills the void left by Biowares original intention of killing poor Immy off after Spellhold. So no more silent Imoen and really good character development, imo. Only drawback to the mod is the lack of a ToB part.
    It would really make my day if somebody would pick it to revive it, get it to work with EE and maybe, just maybe even finish the intended ToB part... *dream*
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Yea the only thing that puts me off using it is the lack of a ToB component. It just ENDS when SoA does. It just kinda bugs me! Would love to see it resurrected!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    CaloNord said:

Yea the only thing that puts me off using it is the lack of a ToB component. It just ENDS when SoA does. It just kinda bugs me! Would love to see it resurrected!

That is a shame. I would probably try it out if there were a ToB part...
    @Tresset‌ Yea. I don't think anyone has worked on it for sometime. Damn shame because it was a pretty good mod on the whole. Even if you didn't romance her the friendship path filled in a great many things. It's worth it for the SoA component but it does shake you a little, especially if you romanced her, when you start ToB and she's just like 'who are you?'. :D
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    As an aside, Spellhold Studios has an Imoen Friendship Mod, where Imoen will start various 'friendly' dialogs with you in SoA and ToB and you can bond with her. Some of you may like that.

...I don't think I've ever seen this much praise for the Imoen Romance Mod in my life.
    Mm yes I just saw that! :D

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/imoenfriendship

Will it work comfortably with the Enhanced Editions? :)

It did cause quite the stir when it was released. A lot of people not liking the whole sister angle... and the music drives me insane :P Hahahah
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Yep, all the IEP products work fine on Enhanced Edition. You may need an updated version of WEDIU, but it'll work fine.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Wow, yeah, that's more than enough reason for me to forever steer clear of it.
    Yea I'd agree that is pretty out of line. I never even knew about that. Never noticed those options. That said I only played through it once and highly doubt I will be again.
    I have the friendship mod downloaded, it comes with some pretty high praise!
    Thanks to @LiamEsler‌ for providing an alternative! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yea, they made a pretty hard-core adult version and a slightly less hard-core "younger" version.
    Though I wouldn't let my children near either of them.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    But I read somewhere that there's two different Imoen romance mods? True or false?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    There's the original, and then there's a newer one without a lot of the abject rape and violence edited by TC Dale.
    I agree that the excessive violence and especially the needless options like beating her and stuff like that (even though, the hardcore brutal options lead to the Charnames death, I believe) were out of line, but overall I liked the darker tone the mod took.
    What people mean when they say there are 2 versions of the IRM is that the original version written by Lord Mirrabbo, that includes all the overviolent or just plain crazy options, was redone by T. C. Dale as part of her plan to write a ToB part. Unfortunately, as it looks right now, she only managed to complete the SoA Version 2.0, in which, as people already stated, the violent content is tuned down a bit, the writing is a bit more polished, but the overall essence of the mod remains the same.
    I urge interested people to at least try it for themselves before dismissing it like Liam. No offence intended here, of course, since everyones tastes are different and I completely respect that LiamEsler doesn't like the mod. I just feel like it's best to make up your own mind about a mod that created enthusiasm and outrage alike.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    While the way it's handled sounds poorly done, I don't really see a major issue with the more rough things.
    For one, if you're playing a truly evil character, then chances are you are willing to do these sorts of things, so it's yet one more evil thing for your character to do. (in a game where people consistently say there's not enough evil available)
    Two, it makes things more realistic. Whether or not you want that in your game and whether or not you want to do those acts in a game is up to you, but these sorts of things happen. While you may be a twisted freak if you want these in your game, the fact is that it still adds a very dark sense of realism.

As for the romance itself, it's a tricky question. While she is TECHNICALLY your half sibling, she's also only tied to you because of a deity. Your mortal mothers weren't related (we assume, anyway), so it makes the morality of dating your "half-sister" very confusing. I don't even know where I stand on the matter, I'm just saying why people might justify it. Personally, I just love having a real friendship to develop with her, since the creators of the game somehow assumed that it wasn't important.

So yeah. There's my two cents for all the people who care. I doubt there are (m)any.
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2014
    Well, I'm currently playing this mod in the Weidu trilogy version. Although the OP probably doesn't need advice now, I'd like to share a bit experience about this mod. Hopefully it may help people understand this famous (notorious?) mod a little better.

First, about how to pursue Imoen properly. Imoen (in this mod) likes gentle, wise men with some sense of humor (but not in discussing serious matter.) There's a mechanism of affection points. If your wisdom is 17 or higher, you can get all the points available; yet with wisdom lower than 12 you can also complete the romance. Evil charname can romance her, too ( dialogues are a bit different). But you mustn't reveal your hunger for power and how you ravaged your way to rescue her. When discussing dreams with her, be considerate and supportive. At certain point you should tell her dreams are just dreams to let her relax. Do NOT confess directly. It would startle her. Wait until the beginning of Chapter 6 and you should know what to do.

Then here's some observation about this mod. I play TC Dale's version so there's not so much violence and depravity as I heard. It seems to me the author envisaged three kinds of Charnames: One is ruthless, he may or may not want Imoen as lover but even if he does, he rarely cares her feeling, and even uses force on her; the second is frivolous and vulgar, would make jokes in unsuitable occasions (like exaggerate those dreams' content); the last is the gentle type mentioned above, which only is really Imoen's soul mate. While the author's ideal is the third type, he (or she?) contributed quite a lot to other bad choices and their consequences. This gives the mod somewhat gruesome appearance. Like Emmi said, this is a mod taking darker tone. For me, the most unbearable feature of this mod is its music. Generally I think it's a good mod worthy of a EE version and TOB part:)
    I recently found out that a version of the SoA part of the mod was adapted by a user on the Imoen Romance Forums to work on BG2:EE. I installed it and there were no problems. When I have time I'll play through it to see if there are any bugs, but since the install worked without any problems, I'm hopeful.

You can find the link to this version of the mod here:
    http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=272

I can only confirm everything wuthering20 said about the mod. in my opinion definitely worthy of a ToB part. Would be incredible if that somehow could happen, after all those years.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited July 2014
    kryptix said:

That's what makes it hawt.

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Awong124 said:

kryptix said:

That's what makes it hawt.

Is that even a human expression? Makes me think of a human skin-toned TMNT...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • contowncontown Member Posts: 84
    Yeah, I'd totally try the Imoen mod if it didn't end at ToB. I don't want it to suddenly cut off when every other romance has way more content. Any chance they'll work on it again eventually?

How many love talks does Imoen have compared to the others anyways?