Skip to content

Won't install on HTC one.

I started the initial download of 2.3gigs and it downloaded all the way to 99% then stopped.
After waiting an hour with no progress I cancelled the download to try again.
But instead of restarting the download it started downloading additional files (.9gigs) for the game, and again it stalled at 99%.
I've let the download run all night and it won't complete, I've cancelled and redownloaded the additional files several times with the same error, and I've looked everywhere for the main game files so that I can uninstall or erase them but haven't found any.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Sounds like you're receiving the temporary versions of the files into your download folder, but are then locked out of moving the completed downloads into the correct installation locations. Do you have "read-only" access set on your program folders, by any chance?
  • DrunktankDrunktank Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for responding.

I'm not seeing anything in my downloads folder related to the game.
    I also connected my phone to my computer last night and a searched through every folder for anything that looks like it might relate to the game but couldn't find any.

As for the read only access, I'm not seeing a spot to change any of that.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Which operative system are you using?
    Android vanilla ice cream sandwich or whatever they call it.

More specifically: HTC6500LVW_4.10.605.3-3.11.605.1_R2
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Troodon80‌ or @Dee‌ could be able tp help more than I can.
    Troodon80
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Drunktank said:

I'm not seeing anything in my downloads folder related to the game.
    I also connected my phone to my computer last night and a searched through every folder for anything that looks like it might relate to the game but couldn't find any.

Game files are located in /sdcard/Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/.

Have you tried restarting the device?
    HTC One doesn't have an sd card slot. : (
    And yes, I did do a restart.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Drunktank, it's the internal SD card, not a slot for an SD card. :-)
    SUCCESS!
    So the other day I plugged my phone into my computer and found mostly empty folders and unrecognizable file types. But I tried again today and I was able to find the android/obb file and the game file was inside.
    After deleting it and restarting the download the game is up and working now.

Thank you all for your help!
    Troodon80