Skip to content

Wait What... The Wedding Thread! (Archived for Posterity) ;)

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    LadyRhian said:

For a moment, I read Xzar as Xan and tried to imagine him officiating a wedding. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to bring together CaloNord and JessicaKrystal in holy wedlock… which will surely fail…"

But I think Xzar would be worse. "...in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life. And afterwards, my body shall belong to the priest Xzar, to do with as he wills… ehehehehehe…"

In xan's voice. That would be nearly as good as the princess bride. Mawage. Mawage.. Is... What brings us... Togebber... Tobay!
    jackjackJuliusBorisovCaloNord
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Hahahahaha!! Xzar and Montaron would be awesomely funny though ;) Tiax is a no no :P I want to hit him :P Sarevok is invited ;) It's a wedding damn it and you all get along. GET. ALONG.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
    Minsc, put Edwin DOWN. God damn it Sarevok we told you not to touch the priests, you stuck your sword through his head. ELDOTH, LEAVE THE BRIDESMAIDS ALONE...
    jackjackJuliusBorisovAristillius
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    CaloNord said:

Minsc, put Edwin DOWN. God damn it Sarevok we told you not to touch the priests, you stuck your sword through his head. ELDOTH, LEAVE THE BRIDESMAIDS ALONE...

"God damn it Sarevok we told you not to touch the priests" I had a smile reading that, then the whole sword part came and i lost my smile. *sad*
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    In Sarevok's defense he did not touch them... the sword did :)
    JuliusBorisovSionIVCaloNord
    Hahahah! This is the problem with weddings. Everyone wants to come even though none of them get along. Need to build a wall to stop half the congregation murdering the other half. Needs to be a Game of Thrones sized wall...
    JuliusBorisovJessicaKrystal
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    edited June 2014
    Minsc - 08 - Fool Me Once:
    Post edited by Daralon87 on
    CaloNord
    Ahh Minsc you beautiful man. Probably one of the most original and awesome characters in existence.
    We're wondering if we should update this every now and again? If anyone cares enough to read it :P Women planning for this sort of thing scare me. It's like a voracious Dire Wolf... o.O
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    CaloNord said:

We're wondering if we should update this every now and again? If anyone cares enough to read it :P Women planning for this sort of thing scare me. It's like a voracious Dire Wolf... o.O

Yes, Moar updates!
    I'm a sucker for love, and in the throes of it myself—it always makes me happy, (and sappy, apparently).
    CaloNordNonnahswriterJuliusBorisov
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @CaloNord That sounds lovely. Perhaps a wedding Kimono, then? You can probably get one for cheaper than a standard wedding dress. Her in a Kimono, you in a Hakima (Men's formal Kimono). You can get ones in white (western standard), silver, red (Means happiness and is used in weddings in the far East) or just any really formal Kimono.

www.kiyotokimono.com

There are other places that sell Kimonos as well. I have three, and one is a wedding Kimono. It's the heaviest silk I have ever seen. It literally requires a thick wooden hanger to hang it on, as it deforms plastic and metal hangers over time. Let me find the photos…

Here you can see the Kimonos I have. The wedding kimono shows a two-wheeled wedding card embroidered in gold thread (actually, orange/red thread with gold leaf wound around it) laid out in patterns of the two-wheeled wedding cart and clouds, then "anchored" down with more orange/red thread). The color is purple, fading into white, fading into purple towards the bottom of the kimono, and the inside is a sparkly red/orange silk. I paid $600 for it at Otakon about 5 years ago. My other two are both purple cotton, one with firebirds/phoenixes, the other with cranes. All of them are absolutely gorgeous. At least I think so, or I wouldn't have bought them! :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24828110@N03/sets/72157604192196195/detail/
    CaloNordlolienjackjackJuliusBorisov
    @LadyRhian‌ Wow! Some of those are stunning!! :D Jess is also handling the budget so I shall run it by her. *Whip sounding in the distance*
    I think I could pull off the Hakima... although I could be horribly mistaken... I'am very pasty... It's been a very long time since I've seen natural light.

She says she knows the type she wants she just can't find one she likes yet. She has a few months left yet ;)

If we go with a Japanese theme throughout we need @bengoshi‌ to act as what I believe they call a "nakoudo"? :P
    jackjacklolienNonnahswriterJuliusBorisov
    mlnevese said:

@CaloNord‌ This is a gaming forum. People will always be requesting constant updates :)

Ahahah! Sometimes I forget that! Might be based upon Baldur's Gate but the people here have some incredible and diverse tastes! Can't get enough of it! :)
    LadyRhian said:

Of course, the final decision is Crystal's. But I hope I have provided you with a cheap(er) fun alternative to the standard white wedding dress that you might not have thought of.

I had never thought of going down the Japanese route! I do love the culture and style. They have so many better then colours as well.
    If you want a tradition western wedding (No way in hell) You're pretty much stuck with white for the bride and black for the groom. Red is such a better, brighter, happier colour in my book.
    (Stop telling me I spelled 'colour' wrong dammit.)

I quite like these! I'm not sure just HOW Japanese we can go, although if I know Jess I'll be free to wear whatever I choose to, as will she. :) (That being said however, I don't think I'll be allowed to have a traditional Betazoid ceremony... unless I invite Patrick Stewart... *Smitten smile* :P Hahaha)

To be honest I haven't put a massive amount of thought into what I'll be wearing. I've been more focused on the location for ceremony and photos. So much to do! :D
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    Understood! It's a lot to take in. There's a book you can buy called "Bridal Bargains" that can help a bit on price as well. Planning a wedding usually takes a year, in order to get all your ducks in order, but that book covers all the things weddings generally need (dress, catering, etc.) and tells you where to get these things at bargain prices. It's usually available at libraries as well. In fact, I may have a copy I can send you (I pick up books and what not from donations all the time.) Yep, I do have a copy. 3rd edition, in fact. Send me your name and addy privately, and I will send it to you. :)
    CaloNordelminsterlolien
    LadyRhian said:

I do have a copy. 3rd edition, in fact. )

Awww! Thaaaat! That is the nicest thing anyone has done for us in... well ever! :O I-We, don't know how to thank you! :D

LadyRhianelminsterlolienJuliusBorisov
    ::blushes.:: Thanks!
    CaloNordelminsterlolienJuliusBorisov
    LadyRhian said:

::blushes.:: Thanks!

Haha you're very welcome :) Sincerely. Thank you. :):)
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
    Now, this thread has been quiet for a little while, however, it will soon be very active. :) Since we essentially invited the entire forum we plan on keeping it updated. We have a trip to New Zealand in a month but after that, it's all speed ahead.
    There will be photos and decisions and fun! All made with input from out wonderful little community here! :)
    elminsterlolien