Skip to content

Please add more anti-magic potions to BG2

I'd like to see more anti-magic potions available to buy (and perhaps also find) in BG2, especially from the sellers that you first meet when you arrive in Waukeen. I'm referring to potions like potions of invulnerability, clarity, magic blocking, etc. IMO, this would be very helpful in balancing out the very OP'd enemy magic that you are likely to encounter even relatively early in the game.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Roger from the sewers in the Temple District has literally TONs of potions. I always stealbuy all the potions I need there.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I always pay for Roger's potions. This is the least i can do for him, he is always very generous with me. He give me the finder fee for items like rogue stone, full plate mail, Balduran's helm/plate, or Staff of the Magi, even if he lost these for the thousand time.
    However i don't worry for him, he seems to have inexhaustive gold supply.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    I'm not sure about this... With the high levels involved in BG2 onwards, your party really ought to have sufficient buffs & protective items not to need them.

I personally think a massive stack of hour duration potions would trivialise much of the game and remove a lot of the strategy required.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I don't know, this is also very much a personal play style thing I think, I hardly ever use them and find the current supply of potions quite plentiful. But I usually always have a cleric and or druid... others might not.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    lolien said:

I always pay for Roger's potions. This is the least i can do for him, he is always very generous with me. He give me the finder fee for items like rogue stone, full plate mail, Balduran's helm/plate, or Staff of the Magi, even if he lost these for the thousand time.

They still did not fix that bug?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    Edvin said:

lolien said:

They still did not fix that bug?
    Nope, though its more of an exploit for how store owners work. From the looks of things internally its not going to be addressed either. Frankly since its something that people can choose to abuse or not I think its best to leave as is.
    edited June 2014
    Elminster wouldn't... abuse a bug like that... would he? ;)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    CaloNord said:

Elminster wouldn't... abuse a bug like that... would he? ;)

I don't normally even talk to him. Except for maybe doing his little quest. Mostly because he is kind of out of the way.
    Fair enough! I will admit I've only done his little quest and spoken to him about 3 times in fifteen years. A sewer is no place for an elf sorcerer... a dwarf maybe more at home in there... >:D