Skip to content

This game playable safely?

so got both EE editions of the games this steam sale and wanted to ask how safely un-bugged are they? should I maintain 25 save slot and make new save upon each transition? or it's safe to play normally?

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I understand that some others have had problems with bugs, but I haven’t had any trouble yet. I would always suggest it is a good idea to make frequent saves however. You never know when you might change your mind about a decision that you have made in your game, have a party wipe in a difficult battle, have a power outage, or whatever. Just better to be safe.
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    k thanks gents!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    BGEE is in a pretty good state. BG2EE you may want to look into enabling the console for in case you run into any snags.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I've done a half dozen play through's of BG:EE and haven't found anything that's game breaking. Or even annoying really. :) BG2:EE I can't speak to as I've only just started that, but Elminster's suggestion is a good idea. :) Just in case. :) But it should be pretty good! :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

This game playable safely?

Of course! Go for it! Try it! You won't regret it even for 1/1000000000000 of a second.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Most of the bugs seem to be related to the content added by the new characters. The rest of the game is fine. In fact the EE games have fixed quite a number of bugs that still existed in the original games.