Skip to content

What beasts do you most dread fighting in BG2:SoA?

124»

Comments

• AntagonistAntagonist Member Posts: 139
    Can you spare some time to talk about our Lord and Savior? I can help your inner soul, you know.
    Montresor_SP
    edited January 2014
    I am sure I'd feel uncomfortable if someone marked my inner soul as "insightful".
    KidCarnival
  • EmpyrialEmpyrial Member Posts: 107
    Foggy said:

I always play with aTweaks installed: makes protection from evil trivial and gives demons and fiends true sight, fiendish gating to summon an army of their own and many innate abilities.
    Without mods it's a no-brainer: Illithids.

I giggled at the (unintentional) pun.

It's always beholders. Their anti-magic rays just make me so painfully easy to kill. That was actually one of the nice parts of being a Blade - my offensive spin worked through the anti-magic ray. I can often mulch illithid with the right protections and vampires are more inconvenient than scary (curse you, level drain!).
    booinyoureyes
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Beholders. It's like they're staring at me.

If I could photoshop a picture of a beholder replacing the face of the Mona Lisa I would, but I lack the proper photoshopping skillz =p
    JuliusBorisov
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    My shadow dancer cleric can do some pretty funny things like hidden turn undead. Running around stealthed with blade storm is pretty hilarious as well.
    Wolk
    edited January 2014
    Wow, that was one angry mushroom I suppose..
    Post edited by Antagonist on
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    liches every time
    they have so many defensive spells and they are annoying with offensive
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Can't believe liches/demiliches aren't a choice on here.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Thread necro!

Other than my previous answer I'm probably going to say dragons. Not because they are that difficult (particularly if you pre-buff)...I just don't like getting hit with a wing buffet :D
    JuliusBorisovDemonoid_Limewire
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Other... Lich; brrr... SoA is still early for powerful fights, especially since the xp loopholes are gone, and since your character is still developing. I would choose wizards, but if memory serves right, those were too lethal for you to nag, only in ToB... So, lich!
    JuliusBorisov
  • fanscalefanscale Member Posts: 81
    Illithids are easy if you have a good melee fighter, but you need to get past their umber hulk tanks.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Beasts dread fighting me in BG2:SoA.
    jackjackelminsterGoturalWolk
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I dunno what I voted for but mephits now. I HATE mephits.

@Night_Watch‌

Late but whatever.
    jackjackelminsterWolkJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Oh. Huh, beholders. I must not have known about the shield of cheese back then.
    jackjackelminsterJuliusBorisov
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

Oh, who am I kidding? Myconids will never be taken seriously. We're at best a B-List monster for a low level party, The best we can do is a weak confuse effect that barely lasts any time at all. Any level 5 party could withstand one of our hoards. Hell, we haven't been in a Monster Manual since AD&D. I'll just get out of the better monsters way and go back to my cave...

@OneAngryMushroom‌ have a talk with Malar... Ityak-Ortheel is clearly a ginormous fungus monster.
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    edited July 2014
    It was a decision between this and Demons. I especially dread fighting vampires or any other level-draining or paralyzing undead in numbers. Like six vampires attacking you at once. That can be pretty bad.
    I dread facing demons because they cause fear, disease, poison, etc. All the annoying status effects, wrapped up in one or two creatures.
    Dragons have my respect, but, once you get Greater Whirlwind or weapons like Carsomyr or Peridan, their defeat is probable. Illithids are a close second because of the intelligence drain and stun. Beholders are easy once you have the Shield of Balduran. But without it, encountering them in numbers? Forget it. Liches are nearly impossible in the early game, but easy once you gain more spells, weapons, armor, and general levels (it's really fun killing a lich with Turn Undead).
    Demiliches I never face unless I have to. The instant Imprisonment is way too much. Less than thirty seconds in, everyone's Imprisoned.
    Trolls only need fire or acid, so they're easy if you have Burning Hands or Fire Arrows on hand.
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    BG2 engine.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    WIth SCS, even the Shield of Balduran + the Cloak of Mirroring can't help you against several Beholders in one battle.

These creatures "borrow" your precious protection item and - voila - your character has been turned to stone.
    CaloNordDemonoid_Limewire