Skip to content

How does BG2:EE handle save importing (how can I import more variables)

switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
edited July 2014 in General Modding
Hi,
I've read that BG2:EE can now import final saves from BG1:EE and get variable values regarding Neera romance this way. I'd like to ask how exactly it is done. I want to check some more variables from the final save. Is it hardcoded or maybe there is some additional new area with script that handle this stuff, before the game starts? I can't find anything new in AR0602.bcs regarding Neera Romance, so the new import stuff must be handled somewhere else.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's not working yet, but it will be once the BGII:EE patch is released.

The way it works is, when you import your character from a saved game into BGII:EE, the variables from your game are checked against VARIMPRT.2da. Any variable mentioned by name in that table will be carried forward into your BGII:EE game.

I hope that makes sense. You'll have to wait until the 1.3 patch for BGII:EE comes out, but that's how it works. Modders will, I suspect, be able to do a whole lot of inter-game storytelling with this.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    Thank you Dee very much for explaining how it will work. I'm looking forward for 1.3 patch than.