Skip to content

iPad ToB install not recognized? (Watcher's keep and HLAs)

I've been playing on iPad for a while and have the same problem as a bunch of people with watcher's keep not showing up and no console to go to it.

I've also levelled characters with over 3 million xp in SoA and was given no HLA, as if ToB wasn't installed.

I was wondering if those 2 things could be related and if there was a know fix that I couldn't find on these forums.

Is there a way to tranfer my save file to a PC to fix it (is there a "ToB installed" trigger?)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    The watchers keep issue is well known and should be fixed soon. If you upload your save file I could fix it for you.

The HLA bug is one I haven't heard of. I would need to see your saved game for that one. I would also need to know if you have any mods installed.

@CrevsDaak‌ is our resident expert on iPad and he could tell you how to transfer your save.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2014
    Tresset said:

The watchers keep issue is well known and should be fixed soon. If you upload your save file I could fix it for you.

The HLA bug is one I haven't heard of. I would need to see your saved game for that one. I would also need to know if you have any mods installed.

@CrevsDaak‌ is our resident expert on iPad and he could tell you how to transfer your save.

Use ifunbox to get your save from your ipad, it should be in Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Library/save.
    Zip/rar the whole 'save' folder. and upload it.
  • SimontasticSimontastic Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your help.

I don't have any mods installed, my iPad isn't jailbroken and I bought al 4 new characters, though not at the same time (when I started this game, I still hadn't purchased Neera).

My main character is already a level 13 fighter / level 18 thief so I should have gotten a HLA at 18 but didn't. I figured I'd misremembered the xp needed so I continued but I still don't get one at level 19. If you want to test it, go let a vampire kill Mook down at the docks, it should get you enough xp for a level up, that's the save from just before I got to 19.

I uploaded a file, I think I did it right, let me know if I did anything wrong.

While fixing the watcher's keep thing, is it easy to also give me the "Use any item" ability? If it is, I'd appreciate it a lot,

A huge thank you to everyone who's helping!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Ah, ok. When you dual class you can't get HLAs until you reach 3mil XP in your second class regardless of how much XP your first class has. So that is not an issue. I will see if I can fix watcher's keep now.
    CrevsDaak
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    As mentioned dual classing works differently to multi-classing. I've checked your game and you are going to need 3.08m xp as a thief to reach HLA's, or 4.33m xp in total. This means you will have 5 less HLA's than a single class thief would receive at the XP cap.
    CrevsDaak
  • SimontasticSimontastic Member Posts: 3
    Ah, sorry for the stupid question then! Thanks for your help with WK!