Skip to content

Sarevok vs. Demon Knight vs. Aec'Letec

I thought I read about some people being able to use the console commands to spawn any NPCs or enemies, and I was wondering if there were a way to spawn these enemies and have them fight each other to see which one is the baddest of them all in BG1.

Something like a round-robin tournament where they all fight each other best 2-out-of-3 and the winner gets to fight Drizzt!

Maybe this has already been done before...

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Yea, there is, I'm sure. Someone will know the exact command. I don't know how you'll get them to fight though. I guess you could have them join you party with the console. In regards to whose more powerful, act'letec is definitely the hardest battle in the game, but in wonder what would happen on their own? Serevok is probably the least powerful, cause he's just a generic human (I think level 15) fighter. I don't think death river assault functions in bg1? My first instinct is that drizzt will get burned, but I wonder if his cheating will beat out all of them.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    My money's on Sarevok. In 1, his sword had extra properties, and his armor, too. Plus the heal on strikes is on. At least the demon knight won't pose a threat to the baldie.
  • fivetigersfivetigers Member Posts: 21
    I just finished TotSC for the first time and here's how all those bosses played out.

The Werewolf guy, went down first try, no problems. He's just a big puppy.

Demon Knight, went in and lost 1 or 2 on the first try. Prebuffed and positioned for backstabbing and got him down with no problem after that. The only damage he did was with his fireball.

Aec'Letec, took a few tries until I figured out to drink the potions that give you freedom of movement. After that he was cake. This guy was the most legit melee threat of these 3 bosses.

I haven't fought Sarevok with my party yet. I beat him in a duo game, but that isn't a fair comparison to a full party game.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    An interesting idea. I think my money would be on the demonknight because he has the highest magic resistance and can easily resist most of Aec's spells while countering with his own nasty spells. Sarevok would probably fall pretty easily to the other two with his 0 magic resistance.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    The Demonknight and Sarevok (and Drizzt) for that matter, don't really have a way to cure Aec's gaze attack if it hits them, because they're not player controlled with potions and protection from gaze abilities. So I would bet on the fight going Aec's way, especially if he gets six clones to come back from.
  • fivetigersfivetigers Member Posts: 21
    No clones for Aec.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Do vanilla Sarevok. ORIGINAL vanilla Sarevok. Well, the TotSC one seemed like a pushover anyways. Original had MR iirc

I still would favour Karoug if possible, since he is probably immune to their melee.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Sarevok would actually fare the worst--having no magic resistance would leave him vulnerable to both Aec'Letec's and the Demon Knight's special abilities. Strangely, either Karoug or Mendas would do quite well against these other foes--the weapons that Sarevok, Aec'Letec, and Demon Knight wield would be useless against them, since only enchanted or silver weapons can hit Karoug and only enchanted or cold iron can hit Mendas.
    Belhefit would toast them all. At once. :p
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    That dire wolf east of Candlekeep would still be the most intimidating nontheless.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Assuming a realistic fight between them, Sarevok would win. The BG1 version, not ToB.

He's smarter than them, can use items and have his friends buff him and if he triggers a Deathbringer Assault, it's over.
    That thing can bring down dragons.

In the final battle he uses a Haste potion I think right away, so it's not impossible that he would be far more prepared with items.

If he was AI controlled, that's another case. That wouldn't be Sarevok, he would be just an AI controlled copy of him.

If that was the case, probably Aec'Letec if he hits with his gaze attack.
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    Drizzt would smoke them all, unless you use the realistic stat override
    Can Drizzt even hit Karoug?

RRAARRGGHH! *watches Drizzt get eaten*

Whats, its a NE playthrough. :p