Skip to content

8827 [CORE] Issues with "Max. HP Bonus" effect

argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
edited July 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I have found several issues when using items that provide a max. HP bonus (effect opcode 18).

1. Items with different HP bonus modifiers don't properly stack.
I've tested it with the Spear of Kuldahar (which provides a fixed 8 HP bonus) and the Pale Green Ioun Stone (which provides a 10% HP bonus). When equipping the spear first, the HP bonus of the spear will be overridden by the Ioun Stone HP bonus. You'll get the correctly stacked HP bonus after reloading the save however. Equipping the Ioun Stone first will give you the full stone bonus and the full spear bonus immediately.

2. Current HP issues when equipping items with percentage max. HP bonus.
Equipping the Pale Green Ioun Stone gives you a 10% max. HP bonus. There appears to be an issue with the current HP value however. If you save the game with a fully healed character while the item is equipped, your current HP will be lower by one or more hit points when reloading the saved game.

I've attached a saved game to test the described issues.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited July 2014
    Raised as issue 8827.

Could do with other items to check wider compatibility. e.g. is the below complete/correct in which case it might just be the pale green ioun stone that needs looking at;

+n hit points.
    Spear of Kuldahar
    Helm of Balduran (+5hp)
    Plate of Balduran (+5hp)
    Paladins / Blessed Bracers (+10hp)
    Tsu Zan's Bracers (+15hp)
    Circlet of Netheril (+10hp)
    Wong Fei's Ioun Stone (+15hp)

+ % hit points.
    Pale green ioun stone (+10%)

Possibles
    T'rahcies Plate (-2 con)
    Girdle of Fortitude (18 con)
    Malla's Soul Stone (+1 con)
    Obsidian Soul Stone (+1 con)
    Axe of Unyielding +5 (+1 con)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    edited July 2014
    The culprit in both cases seems to be the green ioun stone, or more specifically the percentage modifiers of the Max. HP Bonus effect.

The first issue can be triggered by modifier type 2 (Set % of) as well as modifier type 5 (Set % of, don't update cur. HP) of effect opcode 18.

The second issue can only be triggered by modifier type 5 (Set % of, don't update cur. HP).

CON modifying items appear to work correctly in combination with any kind of HP bonus items.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Yep, the ioun stone reload hp is already logged as 8604 :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I reported this in the bug-hunt palooza as an engine bug, since I tested in BG:EE with Balduran's Helm & a Potion of Heroism, but I think it did not get recorded.