Skip to content

OS X App Store is not up to date?

Me and a friend just bought this wonderful game which we used to play a few years back. He's on a Windows machine while I'm using a Mac.

Bought, installed and started.

Server/Client missmatch....

Now, after reading a few posts on the forum, I lost all respect to the developers of this game. Latest update for the App Store version is so far back as NOVEMBER 15th!

How the hell do you defend against this?! What kind of idiot is running the show on your end?! Drunken midgets? Intern with major brain disfunction?

How can this even have passed by for so long and how do you justify it?

"- Ooops?"

I'll give you 24 hours to come up with a straight answer to my liking, or a refund with a nice review of this mess.

Comments

• SegasSegas Member Posts: 4
    First things first; this IS a calm way to handle something that shouldn't even exist after eight month. I had another approach in mind, but I think this was the way to go.

Second, I'm talking about BG2EE, otherwise I wouldn't have this problem (no offense to you).

We both had the game installed as of today, so latest patches should apply to both of us - not only on one system.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited July 2014
    Segas said:

How the hell do you defend against this?! What kind of idiot is running the show on your end?! Drunken midgets? Intern with major brain disfunction?

How can this even have passed by for so long and how do you justify it?

"- Ooops?"

I'll give you 24 hours to come up with a straight answer to my liking, or a refund with a nice review of this mess.

[...] this IS a calm way [...]

Yellow: yours is not a calm way to ask questions in a forum;
    Red: you're blatantly insulting here;
    Green: this is a really bad way to express yourself towards others, really.

On a side note: you've all the rights to express your doubts and opinions, and also to ask all your questions here in this forum, but please behave yourself better according to the site rules: attacks like yours take nowhere.

As already said by @tresset, if you have specific complaints or simply want a refund send an email to support@beamdog.com and a BG:EE team member will reply.
    Post edited by Metalloman on
    And the point of your reply was different in...what way, related to the previous one?
    I assured myself to let you understand where you broken the site rules with your first post, that's the difference.
    Now, if you could be less aggressive here I would be grateful to you. :)
    When a patch is delayed EIGHT month, I couldn't care less what rules are set for the forums.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited July 2014
    Well, maybe I'm being pedantic, but it has taken 8 months, not been delayed for 8 months. The latter would imply that they had actually set a release date for the patch that came and went 8 months ago.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
    Well, the thing is this: if you want to ask questions to the developers team and you want a direct line with them you can send them an email at the aforementioned address;
    If you want to frequent this forum or simply to use it as a channel to communicate with the BG:EE team you have to stick to the rules as everyone here, no less.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The rules are there for a reason, and we expect everyone to follow them, no matter how frustrated you are.

As to the question in your original post, the Mac App Store will be updated once we release 1.3 for BGII:EE. At this point there isn't much we can do about the discrepancy before then.