Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Slowdown in Baldur's Gate sewers with Minsc

jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 7,118
Not sure if this is even a bug, but when fighting a group of carrion crawlers while backtracking through the level (E Sewers), the game slows to a crawl for no apparent reason whatsoever, and it seems to be tied to Minsc, not my other NPCs (though I suppose it could have to do with his weapon as well). Any thoughts or experiences??

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 7,585
    edited July 2014
    Mmpf... Carrion Crawlers like to do that. I think it is a pathing issue with large creatures like Carrion Crawlers, Wyverns, and such, though carrion crawlers seem to be the biggest offenders in BG1:EE. Dragons are even worse in BG2:EE and when they try to walk around they really lag the game. Not sure if anything can be done about it, but I will see if I can write up a report once I get some of my saves back.

CrevsDaak
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 7,118
    Really?? That is sort of disappointing to hear that it might be so hardcoded that nothing can be done to fix it, I haven't ran across any other such lag issues at all in either game, so I was a little taken aback by it.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,130
    Actually it isn't hardcoded, the scripts are too bad (and basic), so they don't use several checks they could use to avoid these sort of things.

@Tresset‌ dragons usually lag the game because of their mega-large animation, their Wings Buffet *and* trying to go to unreachable places (for their animation size number of 10) while chasing the PCs affected by Wings Buffet.

Demonoid_Limewire
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 7,118
    edited July 2014
    It's definitely the Carrion Crawlers themselves who are causing it after some further testing on a saved game I had near there. I'm assuming from what I'm hearing that this is just a little glitch we are probably going to have to live with unfortunately :(