Skip to content

Stuck in Planar Sphere....forever

I'm in the Planar Sphere, right after killing Lavok, and none of the exits work to actually go out into the plane and get the demon heart. In fact, I can't go back either, so effectively i'm stuck in Lavok's Room forever. I've tried exiting the game,reloading an older save etc.... but every time I get to this part i'm stuck which is really a shame, since i'm a mage and want this Stronghold.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited June 2014
    Can you zip & attach a game please @Mogli I'm not aware that this should ever be blocked.
    Thanks
    Edit, & did you kill him? He should be defeated on the floor but still alive.
  • MogliMogli Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2014
    No I did not kill him, in fact that's not even possible (i've tried). I simply defeated him as I was supposed to, and then he told me all about how he wants to die on his home planet and I need to retrieve the demon's heart.

Here is a save file
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tt0z8xxqz50k1/000000012-Stuck_in_Planar_Sphere

Edit: turns out that isn't working, brb i'll try to upload it again.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited June 2014
    @Mogli, are you using any mods? I cannot see anything in the scripts that would disable the exits.

Do you also have an earlier saved game from prior to defeating Lavok?
    Troodon80 said:

@Mogli, are you using any mods? I cannot see anything in the scripts that would disable the exits.

Do you also have an earlier saved game from prior to defeating Lavok?

I'm only using BG2 Tweaks and BP (but only have the ascension module activated from that) so effectively no I don't have anything that should affect this.

Yes, I do have a save before fighting Lavok that I could upload if it would be any help.

My theory is that perhaps for whatever reason the script that causes the travel in planes doesn't work,since as I recall in the original BG2 right after talking with Lavok there's a loading screen which I assume is because of the change in area and only afterwards you can exit the sphere, but I didn't get any such loading screen.

Here is the link to the autosave right before the fight. Thanks in advance for any help.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/n8fs29o9dlcid/000000000-Auto-Save
    @Mogli, I loaded your saved game, defeated Lavok with no problem, and then went to exit the room to the north. The game crashed when I tried to do this. It sounds like this is mod related as I have never had problems with this before. The exit to the south appears to work fine, however, so I have attached a tested saved game.

I assume there is something in the tweaks that locks down the area in question so that you cannot run away from the fight and then go back and finish him off.
    Okay, I will try to perhaps reinstall the game if that will help.

Thanks very much for your time and effort :)
    @Mogli, if you do reinstall the game then you will need to be careful of areas that were affected by mods before. It may end up causing more problems by removing them. In any case, if you do then you will need to use the saved game from prior to the fight.
    CrevsDaak
  • MicrochatonMicrochaton Member Posts: 5
    Hey, bump because I have the EXACT same problem, I also have BG2 Tweaks and BP installed :(
    If you could attach a zipped save anyway that might help work out what is going on.

& a check on what stage you are at. You've defeated Lavok (not dead but dying), have you recovered a demon heart and initiated planar travel again?
    Lavok is defeated and dying, he gave me his speech and told me to go fetch the Demon Heart. Except I can't leave, none of the doors lead to the special "zone transition" cursor. Note that if I just enter the room from a previous save I can't backtrack either even before first talking with Lavok.
    edited July 2014
    Try this @Microchaton‌

I'll have a look to see what might have caused this too.

(looks like there are some scripts for the doors, exit0411 and so on. I don't have these in my install so would guess it is due to one of the mods)
    Looks like whatever you did worked ! Thanks a lot ! Hopefully it stays fixed :p
  • WraithguardWraithguard Member Posts: 20
    How can I fix this permanently without re-installing? I have the exact same problem and I don't want to have to upload my save game everytime I get to this place. I realize I can use CLUAConsole:MoveToArea but I'm kinda looking for something more ... natural?
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Based on the above it is likely a problem with the Big Picture mod. I would suggest doing a bug report in that mod's forum on Spellhold Studios.
  • WraithguardWraithguard Member Posts: 20
    nvm. I fixd it. I used nearinfinity and deleted the lines that had Tran0412b tran0419 tran0420. it works nao.
    SilmarilNaro