Skip to content

Ward stones (Durlag's tower) inside Gem Bags

ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
edited July 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Current Behavior: Ward stones from durlag's tower quest may be put inside (Neera's) gem bag. When you do, their weight is not considered, as a bag of holding.

Expected Behavior: ward stones cant be put in gem bag. Or maybe then, they may go inside, but they still be as heavy as outisde since gembag is not magically enhanced to reduce content's weight.

EDIT: or maybe make them weight less or not at all, so it may be consistent with other kinds of jewelry that fits into the gem bag.
Post edited by Itomon on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Making the weight of items inside a container count towards encumbrance is easier said than done. I am not sure the devs would want to mess with that. The only option would be to change the stones from gem type items to miscellaneous items.
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    Honestly, I don't think that's a bug. And if it is, I don't want it fixed.

Even though the wardstones you buy outside of Durlag's Tower have no known use, people who purchase or "acquire" them may still want to hold onto them, even afterwards as keepsakes. Instead of lugging around a small wardstone to take up space, it's easier to just keep it in your Gem Bag. That's what I did.
    Eh, They were gems before there was a gem bag. I am not sure they are meant to go in the gem bag now that it exists, but I do like the convenience.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Aren't the gem bags magical, like bags of holding?
    edited July 2014
    @meagloth‌ They aren't supposed to be.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Amulets and necklaces also have a weight and you can put them into the gem bag just fine. If you really want the wardstones' type altered, you'll have to alter the nature of amulets (either weight or type) as well for consistency. There are also the Claw of Kazgaroth and the Iron Thorn (which both count as rings) that have a non-zero weight.

Personally, I'd rather think of gem bags as a specialized version of Bags of Holding. They're just too convenient in BG1 as long as there are no real Bags of Holding available in the game.
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    The only problem that is, the mentioned stones weight A LOT and not just like 1 pound as the other trinkets. Developers should at least make them weight less or nothing at all, and then leave them able to be put inside gem bag ^^
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    This isn't a bug; if you want the ward stones to work differently with gem bags, I recommend starting a thread in Feature Requests.