Skip to content

Carsomyr - Holy Avengers magic resistance does not stack up

BarzarelBarzarel Member Posts: 25
edited July 2014 in Not An Issue
I noticed recently playing when i took up playing a character using Carsomyr as weapon that the weapon adjust magic resistance to 50%, regardless of what you have besides Carsomyr the magic resistance remains a solid 50%. So the magic resistance is effectively not stacking or working together with other magic resistance outside the weapons existing. This is despite there nothing in the weapons description that does not indicate it should not, i think i recall something similar being the case with the old game, but simply removing the weapon and requiping it would Work around it, but this does not Work anymore either.

Is it possible for this to get fixed?
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    You have to re-equip all your other MR items every time you select Carsomyr as the active weapon for it to stack. I am not sure the devs would want to 'fix' this one officially but It is very easy to mod the item so that it would stack regardless.

And here is the mod I was talking about. Simply extract the attached files into your BG2:EE override folder and Carsomyr will be stacking with everything and you will no longer have to worry about re-equipping items.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The description says that it sets your Magic Resistance to 50%. There's no bug here--except for the exploit that Tresset mentioned, that is.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    50% is pretty amazing... an Inquisitor with it makes a Wizard Slayer look like a 'Goblin Witch Doctor Injurer'. Stacking with other stuff is pretty unnecesary.
  • BarzarelBarzarel Member Posts: 25
    DreadKhan said:

50% is pretty amazing... an Inquisitor with it makes a Wizard Slayer look like a 'Goblin Witch Doctor Injurer'. Stacking with other stuff is pretty unnecesary.

Not complaining as to 50% not being good, just with game being so heavily biased forward permadeath to main character from Things that would not otherwise kill other party members. As such the extra magic resistance past 50% would been useful.