Skip to content

[Known 7190] dialogue loop Keldorn again

LordLeviathanLordLeviathan Member Posts: 97
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I thought this was fix but Keldorn do this everything we are outside but stop when you are inside.

I try everything including killing and revive but it's don't work.

So if anyone can help that will be great.

thank you advance.

here are the saves.

Before and after.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Okay. So the script block at fault is:

IF InParty(Myself) GlobalTimerExpired("KeldornHome","GLOBAL") GlobalLT("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",2) !Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",4) !Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5) !Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) AreaType(OUTDOOR) CombatCounter(0) See(Player1) THEN RESPONSE #100 StartDialogueNoSet(Player1) END
    The dialogue that initiates requires that the Local be exactly 1, but the variable has not yet been set for some reason. That means it is 0, so it is less than 1, but not enough to register for the condition in the dialogue. The dialogue should match the condition in the script.

A simple fix in your case is the set the KeldornComplain variable to 1.

Hover your cursor over Keldorn and open the console, type:

C:SetGlobal("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",1)
    He should initiate dialogue after that. If you cannot do that (e.g. playing on iPad or don't have debug mode active) then let me know and I'll upload a fix as soon as I can. :-)
  • LordLeviathanLordLeviathan Member Posts: 97
    I am not very good with console.

That why I post my saves if I could do it my own then I will never have post a message here.

So if you could fix it for me that will great.

Thank you advance.
    @LordLeviathan, I have attached a fixed save game. Keldorn should immediately initiate dialogue upon loading the game.
    That just activate his quest for his family(I have already done it)

I am talking about his dialogue loop, he keep repeating the same banter when you click him even you don't touch him.

That the problem and he only do this outside and never inside.
    All right. It's still that block that is firing. It appears that if you go directly to Keldorn's house, you bypass the dialogue where he complains about the length of time but the timer continues ticking down.

The attached save game should make shut him up. It just sets the KeldornComplain variable to 2 which is above the script condition.

I'll need to try to replicate it myself and find out the cause.
    Thank you for your help troodon80, it's work now.

And thank you for the community for this great support, this is like the third time sometthing like this occur during this playthrough.

This is my third playthrough for all of bgee and bg2ee, I had no problem with the first two so I don't understand why I have many problems for this one.

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Yeah, every time he dies his local variables are zapped and he will start from the beginning (similar issues happen for other NPC's and their progress).

I can't wait for that bug to be fixed.
  • rbettlerbettle Member Posts: 3
    Troodon80 said:

Okay. So the script block at fault is:

IF InParty(Myself) GlobalTimerExpired("KeldornHome","GLOBAL") GlobalLT("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",2) !Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",4) !Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5) !Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",7) AreaType(OUTDOOR) CombatCounter(0) See(Player1) THEN RESPONSE #100 StartDialogueNoSet(Player1) END
    The dialogue that initiates requires that the Local be exactly 1, but the variable has not yet been set for some reason. That means it is 0, so it is less than 1, but not enough to register for the condition in the dialogue. The dialogue should match the condition in the script.

A simple fix in your case is the set the KeldornComplain variable to 1.

Hover your cursor over Keldorn and open the console, type:

C:SetGlobal("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",1)
    He should initiate dialogue after that. If you cannot do that (e.g. playing on iPad or don't have debug mode active) then let me know and I'll upload a fix as soon as I can. :-)

Where is this script located? I know/knew how to modify scripts in BGII, but the Enhanced Edition saves things differently and I'm not sure where Keldorn's script is.

What I do know is that I've tried every fix I've been able to find and I can't get him to shut up which is really, REALLY bugging me as I love him in the party but his dialogue loop is driving me batsh*t.

Things I've noticed:

- When alone on the screen - when I tried the "send him to another room/bring him back" fix - he has his stuff sorted out; no dialogue loop.
    - When he's "far away" on a map from the rest of the party, he doesn't have the dialogue loop problem. In fact, it's only really bad/unplayable when he's near/in-line with the rest of the party.
    - The loop didn't show up until after he got killed by one of the Yuan-Ti Mages in Mekrath's lair on the "Save Haer-Dalis" quest.

I just signed up today so I've not yet figured out how this forum allows uploads or I'd load the problematic save game (I'm primarily using the "Quick Save" game).

Thanks!
    Actually, I just figured out how you allow files to be uploaded. The "Attach a file" option wasn't available on the previous screen for some reason. Anyway, here's the "Quick Save" file that has the problem. Thanks again!
    @rbettle, I have attached a fixed version. It turns out that since you have completed the quest, the portion you quoted above is incorrect. That assumes you have not yet completed the quest and something, for some reason, is messing it up. What you needed was to hover over Keldorn and use this command:

C:SetGlobal("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",2)
    It can be higher than that, you can replace 2 with 3 (which is what I did because it was conveniently left over from another trial I was doing).
    Troodon80 said:

@rbettle, I have attached a fixed version. It turns out that since you have completed the quest, the portion you quoted above is incorrect. That assumes you have not yet completed the quest and something, for some reason, is messing it up. What you needed was to hover over Keldorn and use this command:

C:SetGlobal("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",2)
    It can be higher than that, you can replace 2 with 3 (which is what I did because it was conveniently left over from another trial I was doing).

Thank you! I'll try it right away. My apologies for not stating that earlier but, yes, I had completed Keldorn's quest. In retrospect, I wish I had picked him back up before the Spellhold section because now he's my resident lowbie. Oh, well; Carsomyr is worth it.