Skip to content

Dupe 7185: Neera's ToB quest bug

KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
edited July 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Disclaimer: I am playing a savegame that has been edited with EE Keeper, which *may* have messed with some variable, although I've only used it to change character proficiencies so it shouldn't be an issue here.

This bug seems to occur *after* fully completing Hexxat's ToB quest. When I go to the "clearing" area (OH6400) where Neera is supposed to cast Wreckless Dweomer to trigger the following events, instead of initiating the proper conversation Neera repeatedly triggers the conversation that occurs after killing the lich simulacrum from Hexxat's quest. Casting Wreckless Dweomer and resting in the area does nothing at this point, and I am unable to continue the quest.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2014
    Do you have a save prior to this for replication purposes? Also, let me ask for a save prior to this issue too instead of making another post in that thread.
    Saves can be found in Documents/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/save, they are composed by the whole 000000### - Saved Game Name Example folder, so zip/rar it and upload it using the Attach a File option under the comment box.
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Sure. Here are three saves: One with the party in Amkethran, about to leave for the "clearing" where the Neera-issue occurs. One with the party in Lunia after resting -- walking towards the exit triggers the broken cutscene (as described in that other thread). And I also included one slightly earlier save from Lunia before tampering with the scroll or resting, which is the one I reloaded to make the cutscene play as it should.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    OK, as I can confirm both bugs I'd want to see how they are caused, so.. Do you have any saves prior to Hexxat/Dorn's quests? Attach the one before both quests, I'll see what I can do with that.
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Here's a save from before doing Hexxat and Dorn's quests. Going to "Neera's Clearing" from this one works as it should.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited July 2014
    Looks like this is already logged. I've changed the thread title to reflect, and the good news is that Liam said there was a fix lined up.

7185: Neera: Neera should not repeat line from Hexxat's ToB quest during her questline

& this thread has a workaround plus a few others.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25847/7185-neera-neera-hexxat-tob-quest-conversation-loop-heavy-spoilers
    KnettgummiCrevsDaak