Skip to content

Finally! An xp-loophole that hasn't been "corrected"/"fixed"!!!

I was so very happy to find this works still! In the EE! You go to the level of Durlag's Tower, in which the four spirits ask you to solve their riddles. You solve the riddles, take the glittering beljuril gem and bottle of wine near them, but you do not talk. You convert save game to multiplayer (if it is not already), you load it, you drop gem and wine on floor, save game, and quit.

Then, you simply load this game, delete ALL characters from it, and import only one, which is the one you have for protagonist, or any other handmade sidekick. You pick up items, talk with all of them to get 10.000 xp, export character, import it in singleplayer for levelling up and getting max HPs (save-load), then you get back to that save, with export-import, and keep doing this. 16 pointless, meaningless, serial conversations with the spirits net you an easy, quick, 160.000 worth of xp. Much quicker, easier, and effortless, than all those Firebead Elvenhair nonending massacres...

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Sounds easy enough.

You do realise, though, that now you have spoken about it the BG:EE Team will make it their life's work to ensure that it is fixed, right? Because they will. Mark my words.

They probably won't. That honestly sounds way too complicated to worth the time required to seal up that loophole, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets fixed while they're fixing something else.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I think you can just keeper to do this without tedium.

Note, i used to kill the retired mage in HoW to level up 'new' characters... and I had Dalekeeper. *shakes head*
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Sure but if you were to kill Firebead 16 times you'd start with like 43200 xp. Even if you were a triple class character (say a bow using Fighter/Mage/Thief) that would put you at at least level 4 for all your classes. All the NPC's you pick up would be at least level 4. You are better off doing the firebead thing frankly. That or just console in yourself the xp.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Generally, the exploits we close are the ones that have the potential to affect players that aren't looking for them. This is pretty clearly an at-will sort of deal, so it probably won't be touched by our bug fixing.

Note I say "probably"...
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    CamDawg said:

I was so very happy to find this works still! In the EE! You go to the level of Durlag's Tower, in which the four spirits ask you to solve their riddles. You solve the riddles, take the glittering beljuril gem and bottle of wine near them, but you do not talk. You convert save game to multiplayer (if it is not already), you load it, you drop gem and wine on floor, save game, and quit.

Then, you simply load this game, delete ALL characters from it, and import only one, which is the one you have for protagonist, or any other handmade sidekick. You pick up items, talk with all of them to get 10.000 xp, export character, import it in singleplayer for levelling up and getting max HPs (save-load), then you get back to that save, with export-import, and keep doing this. 16 pointless, meaningless, serial conversations with the spirits net you an easy, quick, 160.000 worth of xp. Much quicker, easier, and effortless, than all those Firebead Elvenhair nonending massacres...

elminster said:

Sure but if you were to kill Firebead 16 times you'd start with like 43200 xp. Even if you were a triple class character (say a bow using Fighter/Mage/Thief) that would put you at at least level 4 for all your classes. All the NPC's you pick up would be at least level 4. You are better off doing the firebead thing frankly. That or just console in yourself the xp.

C:SetCurrentXP(160000)
    Now! That will be cheating! :)
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    This sound pretty intricate as a loophole... Never thought about that possibility but really, console here is a time saver if you really feel the urge to raise easy XPs...
  • nosecretnosecret Member Posts: 92
    CamDawg said:

elminster said:

C:SetCurrentXP(160000)
    I got to third sentence and realized I'd never be tempted to use this loophole - not when the console is readily available.

Insert "ain't nobody got time for that" meme here
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    edited July 2014
    Well, first of all, i do not worry about the team fixing it. Because it is an export-import case. If they want to correct this, then, they simply have to "correct", or even more importantly, wholly reinvent, the entire export-import system itself... Which is, thankfully, impossible.

Well, editing and consoling are cheating, because you use a third party program in one case, a locked feature in the other (which was most probably used from developers for testing and stuff, or solving gamebreaking issues if nothing else works and you can get stuck, like the solaufein and phaere dialogue when you rush to rescue her from the beholders...), to do things that are forbidden, at least from game engine and game rules (not the pnp rules, game's).

I really like the game engine with all its ORIGINAL, "FLAWS". Whatever i can get out of abusing the game engine, the game mechanisms, the spells/skills/abilities or already existing ingame stuff by itself, i never considered cheating. And it is not cheating. Simply because the game allows you to do that, if you want to. It also allows you to have a feeling of power and control, over the game world itself. Even though it is very hard and dangerous.

Two games i loved the most, because they were FULL of GLITCHES, EXPLOITS, and holes that cried and begged for you to abuse them; baldur gate saga, and pokemon/red-blue. Back in the day, it was considered ABNORMAL NOT having 999xMasterballs, not having fought against professor oak, not encountering wild mew (without gameshark), or a BG protagonist not with 25 to all stats, not dressed fully in endgame items, duplicated enough times for your entire party to wear (without console or edit).