Skip to content

[Known 8038] Calbor and Crazy Celvan (and Pheasants) in Watcher's Keep

NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I'm posting this in the "bugs" category since I couldn't find any other instance of this mentioned on any forum or post.

After killing the Demon Wraith in Watcher's Keep (who proved to be a bitch to kill with all the traps on the floor), I headed through the South portal, which brought me back to on of the rooms which contains a brownish tree. The strange part is that for some strange reason, in front of the Southern portal are four copies of Crazy Celvan from the Athkatla Docks District, along with two or three pheasants. In front of the Eastern portal are three or four copies of Calbor, the innkeeper at Desolar's Inn in the Athkatla Bridge District. There is nothing unusual in front of the Northern or Western portals, only these two.

Is this an illusion or something? Or a legitimate bug? I suspect the latter because each of these NPCs contain the exact same dialogue options as their counterparts in the Bridge District, even including an ability to rest at the inn and trade with Calbor.

Did something happen in my game to randomly spawn these NPCs? Or is this just an elaborate and eerie illusion?

If necessary, I can attach a *.zip of my saved game file.

EDIT: Crazy Celvan is located in the Docks District, not the Bridge District.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    This is a known bug with characters that make area transfers. It should be fixed soon. The unfortunate thing is that now those guys are stuck in that area as opposed to where they should be.
    Nokkenbuer
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    Tresset said:

This is a known bug with characters that make area transfers. It should be fixed soon. The unfortunate thing is that now those guys are stuck in that area as opposed to where they should be.

So now, Calbor will no longer be located at Desolar's Inn, but rather in the portal maze of Watcher's Keep along with his three other copies? I suppose I could just use a different inn or spawn him back where he belongs using the CLUAConsole commands.

Is there any estimate as to when this bug will be fixed? And when it will be applied to the Steam copy of the game, if ever? Thanks for the information, by the way. I'll just kill or ignore them or something and go about my business.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I don't know when the patch will come out and even if I did know I wouldn't be allowed to say. It should definitely come out, though, and this particular bug will definitely be fixed eventually.
    Nokkenbuer
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    Thanks, @Tresset.