Skip to content

Tresset's Permanent Shapeshift Weapons (BG2:EE)

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
edited July 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
In the current versions of the game, the weapons created by the shapeshift spells will wear off in about 16 hours leaving you wielding your standard weapons while shapeshifted. To fix this issue in my own game I edited these files to give the weapons a permanent duration.

IMPORTANT NOTE: These files are intended for BG2:EE only! Installing them on BG1:EE will cause issues!!!

To install simply extract all the files into your BG2:EE override folder.

Please let me know if you have any problems with this mod so that I can fix them for you.

Quick note: my attempt to make the weapons undispellable did not work so I have removed that part of the mod. They should still have a permanent duration however.
Post edited by Tresset on
elminster

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited July 2014
    The extended duration of the weapons works perfectly, but I can still dispel the weapons (tested with an Inquisitor's Dispel Magic). Does the current version of BG(2):EE even support the new "Undispellable" flag for items?

Edit: I was able to work around the Undispellable issue by adding the effect "Immunity to Effect: Dispel Effects" to the weapons. It seems to work and I haven't found any ill side effects yet. @Tresset If you have no objections, I'd like to provide a modified version of your mod.
    Post edited by argent77 on
    ErgTresset
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @argent77‌ Interesting... I thought the flag worked for this purpose but you are right. I will have to fix my mod. If you already have all the files ready then go ahead and upload them and I will edit my OP. I noticed the flag doesn't work in either game so do you have the files ready for both of them?
    @argent77‌ I tried your method really quickly and I noticed that the shapeshifted character cannot be dispelled at all while they have the weapon equipped. That certainly will not work.
    Can you be a bit more specific? In my tests I can freely transform to any creature and back to human form without issues. The creature specific weapons are replaced or removed whenever I'm changing form.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2014
    argent77 said:

Edit: I was able to work around the Undispellable issue by adding the effect "Immunity to Effect: Dispel Effects" to the weapons. It seems to work and I haven't found any ill side effects yet.

That will cause Dispel Magic/Effect spells to render *completely* useless again the Shapeshifted Druid, which is the same as Tresset means.
    Edit: also, was the EE engine modified to dispel all the items (of any type) in the Magical Weapon slot? Because that is why this is happening. TobEx added the Undispellable flag, because it added the same feature (any item in the Magical Weapon slot is dispelled).
    edited July 2014
    You are right, that's certainly not desirable. I can't think of another way to simulate that effect. Let's hope that the next patch adds support for the Undispellable flag for magical items.
    elminster
    I know that they are working on making shapeshift weapons both undispellable and permanent duration. I am not sure when these fixes will be added to a patch however or what they will do with the undispellable flag. So eventually these mods will become unneeded.