Skip to content

#8700 - [CORE, Multiplayer] Freeze when loading game (3 players)

MikeLitorisMikeLitoris Member Posts: 5
edited July 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I am not really sure whether to post this in here, because i don't know if it's a bug or a performance related issue. I tried searching the forums (and googling) for the same issue, but to no avail.

Whenever i play BG:EE online with my 2 mates over Steam, it has the tendency to freeze after ticking the V's and clicking the Start Game (or w/e it's called) button. It only occurs when we have to re-load (after dying, etc.). All three of us get the windows notification: Baldur's Gate is not responding. When starting the game for the first time, it works fine. The freezing does happen every other time, meaning that we all have to completely reboot the game everytime we want to re-load. Very frustrating.

Adding to this: whenever i play together with 1 friend (so 2 players), everything works fine every time. On both occasions i am the host.

Anyone recognize this / has a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Gate70, does this sound familiar or is it just me?

This is known, #8700, but I don't know of a workaround for it at the current time.
    CrevsDaak
  • MikeLitorisMikeLitoris Member Posts: 5
    What do you mean by #8700? Is there another topic about it?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @MikeLitoris‌, it is the internal tracking number for the bug. I don't think it has been discussed at length, but a few of the volunteers have been trying to figure out why the issue arises. It is very much on a case by case basis. This issue occurs for both @Gate70 and @Tresset‌, but not for me.
  • MikeLitorisMikeLitoris Member Posts: 5
    @Troodon80‌, so various accounts can confirm/safely say it's a bug? If so, i have good hopes the 1.3 patch'll fix it. Firstly we'll test whether switching host (and copying .sav/.gam file) solves the problem, though.

I'll post results tonight.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Troodon80 said:

This issue occurs for both @Gate70 and @Tresset‌, but not for me.

It also occours to me, it happened while I was playing with Quartz (just two players).
    My game also freezes/hangs when I join a session, but this seems to be random and only happens in the beta.