Skip to content

Post-Sarevok Save Bug

alastair93alastair93 Member Posts: 117
Hi there,

So I just finished BG:EE on the iPad and beat Sarevok. When I killed him, I got a message saying that a Final Save had been made, so that I could import my save into BG2:EE.

However, I've booted up BG2:EE and I can't find a way to load the saved game into it. I've searched these forums and people have posted complex workarounds using third-party software, but the message I got when I finished BG1 didn't really mention any of this. It seemed to imply that I could just load the game into BG2:EE directly, without any fuss.

Am I missing something obvious? I did try exporting the character very quickly before the game ended (and after beating Sarevok), and this seems to work, but I'm worried that this will introduce some sort of bugs. E.g. if it will import all the quest data, romance data etc.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!

Comments

• Tarl_CabotTarl_Cabot Member Posts: 2
    I am having exactly the same issues as alastair93 and an find no assistance here in to facilitate the transfer of my character from 1 to 2. I have the 'final' save file but can't see it in BG IIEE
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Apparently

"There is a utility called iFunBox you can put on your computer that lets you open up the file structure on an iPad just like Windows Explorer. Then its easy to just move the Final Save folder from BGEE to BG2EE."

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/513819/#Comment_513819
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    From what I've been able to determine, you have to use a save from before the final save and export the character from there (load the saveon BGEE, go into charname's record screen then hit export). It should ask you how you want to open the record, hit the BG2EE button, and you should be good to go. I don't think you can do it with the final save, but the character won't get enough XP from the last fight to make a significant difference in BG2 anyway.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Procco is right. If you made a save right before the Sarevok fight (if you didn't then you need to learn to save more often) then use that and you'll be golden.