Skip to content

[Trigger warning] How to romance Imoen in Imoen Romance Mod

Comments

• vanatosvanatos Member Posts: 876
    Emmi said:

I recently found out that a version of the SoA part of the mod was adapted by a user on the Imoen Romance Forums to work on BG2:EE. I installed it and there were no problems. When I have time I'll play through it to see if there are any bugs, but since the install worked without any problems, I'm hopeful.

You can find the link to this version of the mod here:
    http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=272

I can only confirm everything wuthering20 said about the mod. in my opinion definitely worthy of a ToB part. Would be incredible if that somehow could happen, after all those years.

Yep can confirm this works fine with bg2ee along with the newest version of the weidu.exe.
    Going through the code and testing it slowly, there is a trivial bug where banter with other romance npc's after the 2nd dream sequence does not trigger, fixed it on my end.
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    edited August 2014
    Why exactly is this labeled as "Trigger Warning"? Last I checked, this isn't Tumblr, so the hypersensitive touchy-feely melodramatics of that terrible site don't belong here.

A "trauma trigger" is any event, situation, or content which may trigger traumatic flashbacks in people suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). If you don't have PTSD or some related condition caused by traumatic abuse, you don't have "triggers." You're just weak minded.

EDIT: Well my bad, apparently @LiamEsler‌ edited the original post. I was unaware that there are two Imoen Romance mods, one of which apparently includes rape and the like. I still don't like the whole "Trigger Warning" thing for the reasons stated above, but I guess if it's LiamEsler's decision to label this thread as such, it's probably for the best. Anyway, there's not much that can be done about it.

Ignore my above comments.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Nokkenbuer‌ Let's just say that the Imoen romance is one of the few topics sure to instantly attract the attention of every moderator in this forum...
    mlnevese said:

@Nokkenbuer‌ Let's just say that the Imoen romance is one of the few topics sure to instantly attract the attention of every moderator in this forum...

Care to explain? It's fine if you do so via private message. I'm legitimately curious about what this whole scandal of sorts is about. If not, then I guess I'll just look it up myself or something.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2014
    @Nokkenbuer‌ It's not a secret. Almost every time the topic has been discussed it derailed into a flame war.
    mlnevese said:

@Nokkenbuer‌ It's not a secret. Almost every time the topic has been discussed it derailed into a flame war.

Well, I'm new to all this. This is the first thread I've been in that has even mentioned an Imoen romance. If you're willing to explain what's the big deal in private message, that'd be great. Otherwise, I'll just do some Google searching or wait for this inevitable flamewar to begin or something.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Even for xvarts? I thought the forum rules specifically mentioned we should kill all xvarts on sight? (I'm sorry for making light of your serious post, but I couldn't resist.)
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    Good news then! Do you think there is a possibility of a ToB part being made by those other people?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sarevok08Sarevok08 Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2014
    The people that have spoken with me seem quite keen, and have far greater experience than I, so if nothing else, progress will be faster.

They have expressed interest in continuing into ToB. However, that part hasn't be written entirely by either Lord M or TC Dale. I had one person who is an aspiring fantasy writer who would be interested, so will have to see how that turns out.
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Oh please try to get a ToB part made, that would just make my day. Or week. Or month. Or, if it actually happens, whole year! ;)
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    Sarevok08 said:

Hmm, I maybe able to shed some light on this.

As of my writing, the original version by Lord M, is at version 1.20?(Can't recall the last number). TC Dale offered to take over, as Lord M retired from it's development.

TC felt that her writing style was to different from the original version, so re-wrote the SoA part. As said, removing some of the more extreme paths, and improving the writing in general.

The new version was being coded, but only an initial version was released. This cut ALOT of the original content entirely (be it coding not working, or actual wilful removal). I did what I could to fix the bugs that were left, but my experience with IE coding was very lacking, and I didn't get much past rescuing someone from spellhold.

My opinion of the current state (which is being looked at by some other people now), is to use Lord M's original version. Both are only SoA currently, but the first version is virtually bug free.

Personal opinion following:
    What I always found bazaar, was people saying that the mod didn't stick with the original character. I don't know if it was because they played BG1 with the NPC mod, but with my experiences (playing BG2 first, then BG1 without the NPC mod, then with), I thought it actually gave her character. Originally she had like 3 discussions or something, and they hardly developed her character in my opinion. This provided far greater character depth in my opinion. Yes, there are quite violent options, but if that's not what you want, don't select the dialogue option? :/

That's great news! Hail to you all who are still working on this mod!

So let me get this straight. Is the newest version which is compatible to EE based on Lord M's original one or TC Dale's? I might try this in near future.

• MBerlMBerl Member Posts: 25
    Sounds pretty great, I'm looking forward to it! Especially a ToB part of the Imoen Romance would just be amazing.
  • Sarevok08Sarevok08 Member Posts: 78
    I probably need to work out who wants to do what. At this stage, most of the desire seems to be around finalizing the re-write (TC Dale's version), since as has been pointed out by alot of people opposed to the mod, it makes it less explicit, without taking to much from the mod.

Oh, and if any of you have been to the forum lately, and noticed it was locked to new registrations, I seem to have been able to stop the spam bots from signing up, so you can sign up again if you want to put comments on the forum.
    Are there any updates on the state of the Imoen Romance yet? Just wondering...
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    The Imoen Romance mod is not nearly as weird and freaky as the apparent RL background to it...
  • SultanPSultanP Member Posts: 15
    Sergio said:

Imoen may be your sister, but actually I read that in D&D universe bhaalspawns are genetic copy of the parent that wasn't Bhaal. So she is a "uncommon" stepsister at best.

That raises all kinds of questions about male bhaalspawn. Especially a male CHARNAME since we know Bhaal wasn't his mother.
    vanatos said:

Hi, i'm the current coder for the mod.

ive finished coding it and added in all the content, as far as i can see TCDale's writeup includes everything in Lord M's original (minus duergar references and hurting imoen) and a few extra's, and am testing it by playthrough of the game.

pm me for questions, or even ask here.

Nice! You, sir, are a treasure! Will you post a link to the new mod here, once you release it, or should i rather check the Imoen Romance Forums directly? Anyway, I can't wait to get my game fired up!
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    edited October 2014
    .. I played the Mirrabbo version, and as far as I remember, every dialog option had a really long serious response that was the obvious choice, and one or two 'stupid' responses. If the Dale revision cleaned up the stupid responses, that's great to maintain immersion, but I imagine everyone still chooses the obvious responses? Except testicles, who probably still play the Mirrabbo version. I really don't think Mirrabbo was some sort of rapist sympathizer, just a lazy (or time-restricted) coder. Could be wrong.
  • vanatosvanatos Member Posts: 876
    MBerl said:

vanatos said:

Hi, i'm the current coder for the mod.

ive finished coding it and added in all the content, as far as i can see TCDale's writeup includes everything in Lord M's original (minus duergar references and hurting imoen) and a few extra's, and am testing it by playthrough of the game.

pm me for questions, or even ask here.

Nice! You, sir, are a treasure! Will you post a link to the new mod here, once you release it, or should i rather check the Imoen Romance Forums directly? Anyway, I can't wait to get my game fired up!
    Both i imagine, this would be the bg2ee compatible version so it makes sense that it be put also here on that compatible mods list.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211

.. I played the Mirrabbo version, and as far as I remember, every dialog option had a really long serious response that was the obvious choice, and one or two 'stupid' responses.

Entirely in line with the usual BG dialogues, then. It's funny how the original Romance writers thought it acceptable to basically make all response options either "I like you!" or "you're stupid, shut up, I hope you die". Glad to see that the EE NPCs seem to have much more varied dialogues at least...
    I'm totally looking forward to the release of vanatos' version of the mod! Already created my character and everything, now it's time to play the waiting game!

From what I've read on the mod forums, it is almost ready, right?

(Sorry, I know, I'm being impatient, but haven't played a full playthrough with the mod for ages!)
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    really looking forward to this vanatos, thank again for all the hard work. Could you please post on this thread when its ready? and a link :)
    I second what Gloomfrost said! I'm already itching to start up my game. Character is created, background mapped out, personality thought out... good to go ;)

And then, it will the the bittersweet feeling of playing one of the best mods in BG while knowing that there is no ToB part... (yet? ;) )