Skip to content

Water not visible - Android

bottadbottad Member Posts: 6
edited May 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Greetings,

I have the android version 1.3.1327 (most recent) and have noticed that water doesn't show up on the terrain. Fountains are empty, no puddles/ponds and rivers just show the rocks.

I'm on stock Android 4.3 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Has anyone else also experienced this?
Thanks!
Post edited by bottad on
Eck4343

Comments

• bottadbottad Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2014
    I'm guessing from the overwhelming response that no one else is experiencing this phenomenon. I tried reinstalling but it had no effect, the only mod I have is different portraits. Could that somehow be the cause?

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what might cause such a graphical glitch? Something in the ini file I could change?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Sorry about the lack of response, but I am not familiar with android version. Most of us who handle the bug section are volunteers and we don't necessarily own an android version. If Beamdog wanted to buy me an android so I could test it that would be nice, but that isn't likely to happen (slight joke)...

Anyway I doubt there is anything you can do to fix this bug on your own so you will just have to wait for the next update. In the mean time perhaps @Dee can help you.
    CrevsDaakelminster
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you could post a screenshot that would help.
    TressetCrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Tresset said:

If Beamdog wanted to buy me an android so I could test it that would be nice, but that isn't likely to happen (slight joke)...

Also an iPad and a Mac so you can test in all the platforms :P the game is available for.
    Tressetelminster
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @CrevsDaak I do kinda have access to an iPad and a Mac; both are my aunt's. The Mac is a really old and crappy Mac Book Pro which only has BG1:EE and the iPad is for my aunt's work and doesn't have BG.
    CrevsDaak
  • bottadbottad Member Posts: 6
    Dee said:

If you could post a screenshot that would help.

Thanks for taking time the look at it guys. Much appreciated.

I took 2 screenshots, sorry about that should have included them from the start.

One is the fountains in Candlekeep and the other is the river in Nashkel. I've taken a look at other people's YouTube videos of the Android version and it doesn't look like mine which makes me think it's probably something to do with my phone.. :(

Anyway, this bug certainly isn't game breaking or anything just causes some head scratching wondering why I can't walk somewhere until I realize oh, it's probably a pond or river or something.

• Eck4343Eck4343 Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2014
    I have a similar issue- galaxy note 3 (kit kat) is actually displaying water as large black pixels, but not always. Im only notcing this in fountains, troughs, and near the water queen house in BG, as in the attached photo. Streams and large fountains like in candlekeep appear the same as the OP.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Dee? Any words on this?
  • thejackle123thejackle123 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2014
    @Dee‌
    I've also been having the problem as seen in @bottad s screenshots. I am on a Xperia Z Ultra (C6833) running Android 4.2.2 or 14.1.B.2.257 (build number). If I ever get around to updating my phone I'll post tell you if this persists. BG:EE v1.3.1327.
  • seanHseanH Member Posts: 3
    +1. No water at all appearing on Xperia Z2 tablet.